Author Topic: k2f problem  (Read 772 times)

Offline Sekar13Garage

• Active
k2f problem
« on: 26.11. 2017 09:23 »
hi all just starting my goldie after sleepin a year in my luving room. got a spark on my plug  cleaned carbon brush a new japanese carb and kick it bruum it start but little bit rough. adjust the valve gap and than bruuum.... it was to late so i leaved it for tomorrow.
 after a breackfast going to take some ride..kicking..again and again it wont start.. change the spark plug its run.. only few mile run i already change 4 set of new spark plug and a lot off sweat... is it the condensor?? how to know that mine is weared? actualy got a new easycap in my hand. should i just replace it or its not condensor problem?
im not a mechanic so its all try and lots of error

Indonesia plunger A10

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: k2f problem
« Reply #1 on: 26.11. 2017 09:55 »

Hola S13-G,..... Maybe, but check for crap and condensation in the carby bowl, your climate may do weird stuff to it....and if you didn't already try fresh fuel, do that....and report back; we'll get you there- it'll be alright in the long run...

hi all just starting my goldie after sleepin a year in my luving room........

what kinda joint you runnin' there?? *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Sekar13Garage

• Active
« Reply #2 on: 26.11. 2017 12:27 »
hahaha hi dutch some typo there.. put my goldie on living room and others stay in kitchen  *eek*

carb and fuel is new sir...some  of my friend told me the spark is not big enough... contact point cleaned
another kick its run and must put on high rpm to keep it running..

Indonesia plunger A10

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 26.11. 2017 12:55 »
Hi,
If the capacitor is bad and you get the engine to run,
Try small plug gaps, and rub the plug points with a pencil (very old trick)
Look at the rotating points, You will see lots of arcing at the contact points if the condenser is bad
I have had magneto's fail in situations like yours after the bike has been sitting for a long time
If the windings are original they can break down like this, one start then no more *sad2* *sad2*

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 26.11. 2017 14:07 »
Sekar,

You metioned that the bike will run at higher RPM. Is that smooth running with few misses? I don't believe spark strength is much different at low RPM vesrus high RPM. After all, you can give yourself a pretty good jolt turning over the mag by hand.  Many (or most) others here are more knowledgable about carbs, but I wonder if a blocked pilot jet or air leaking around the slide might be contributing to the problem.

Regarding the EasyCap, I say put it in as soon as the mag is off the bike. Maybe put it in just to eliminate a bad cap as all or part of the problem.

Richard L.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #5 on: 26.11. 2017 19:21 »
G'day Sekar.
The "new Japanese carb" could also be a problem.
Is your magneto auto or manual advance/retard ?
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7