Author Topic: Winter layup  (Read 687 times)

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Winter layup
« Reply #15 on: 04.12. 2017 09:34 »
Black Sheep, does the salt kill all the grass on the roadside? Other than rusting up your vehicles are there any other re-actions to the salt?  *sick*
Interesting to note councils love allocations over there too!   *fight*

I had heard that they had taken to mixing in some molasses to the salt to get it to stay coating the roads for a little longer. It draws sheep down onto unfenced roads for a tasty salt lick.

And in my experience it takes more than one wash and blow dry to get the salt off from a really mucky trip. My V50 is still growing fur on its cases after the Dragon Rally excursion at the start of the year.
Good Advice
No reactions
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Black Sheep

• Resident Legend
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #16 on: 04.12. 2017 10:02 »
It would explain why my sheep graze next to the roadside fence. One other useful item for the shed in this damp climate is a dehumidifier. Some mornings bikes, spares and tools can be dripping condensation. Not good. It's astonishing how much water a dehumidifier can extract. Well worth the money.
Good Advice
No reactions
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 04.12. 2017 10:22 »
One other useful item for the shed in this damp climate is a dehumidifier. Some mornings bikes, spares and tools can be dripping condensation. Not good. It's astonishing how much water a dehumidifier can extract. Well worth the money.

What make do you have ?
What happens to it in the garage below freezing ?
Good Advice
No reactions
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Online Black Sheep

• Resident Legend
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #18 on: 04.12. 2017 16:34 »
I use a MEACO for the main workshop and a smaller, cheaper IGENIX for the shed. The MEACO is more sophisticated with lots of options and is extremely quiet. The IGENIX is simple and a bit noisy. Both have frost protection, so if the temperature drops they stop and flash warning lights. Sound investments if your shed/workshop are prone to damp.
Good Advice
No reactions
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep