Author Topic: Winter layup  (Read 653 times)

Online cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Winter layup
« Reply #15 on: 04.12. 2017 09:34 »
Black Sheep, does the salt kill all the grass on the roadside? Other than rusting up your vehicles are there any other re-actions to the salt?  *sick*
Interesting to note councils love allocations over there too!   *fight*

I had heard that they had taken to mixing in some molasses to the salt to get it to stay coating the roads for a little longer. It draws sheep down onto unfenced roads for a tasty salt lick.

And in my experience it takes more than one wash and blow dry to get the salt off from a really mucky trip. My V50 is still growing fur on its cases after the Dragon Rally excursion at the start of the year.
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline Black Sheep

• Resident Legend
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #16 on: 04.12. 2017 10:02 »
It would explain why my sheep graze next to the roadside fence. One other useful item for the shed in this damp climate is a dehumidifier. Some mornings bikes, spares and tools can be dripping condensation. Not good. It's astonishing how much water a dehumidifier can extract. Well worth the money.
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 04.12. 2017 10:22 »
One other useful item for the shed in this damp climate is a dehumidifier. Some mornings bikes, spares and tools can be dripping condensation. Not good. It's astonishing how much water a dehumidifier can extract. Well worth the money.

What make do you have ?
What happens to it in the garage below freezing ?
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Offline Black Sheep

• Resident Legend
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #18 on: 04.12. 2017 16:34 »
I use a MEACO for the main workshop and a smaller, cheaper IGENIX for the shed. The MEACO is more sophisticated with lots of options and is extremely quiet. The IGENIX is simple and a bit noisy. Both have frost protection, so if the temperature drops they stop and flash warning lights. Sound investments if your shed/workshop are prone to damp.
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep