Author Topic: used early swing arm dual seat  (Read 567 times)

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
used early swing arm dual seat
« on: 07.12. 2017 00:43 »
 I really did not want one, but I fell into it by chance. Now I own one.

I am still going to get a solo seat set up, but I am also going to get this dual seat into shape.

So for this I am going with an RK leighton DIY kit, and have shop a I know put the cover on. Hopefully the shipping cost of the whole seat back and forth offsets the labor to redo the seat.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for RK leighton? My computer (Linux) does not make embedded e-mail addresses easy to deal with unless you use thunderbird mail, which I do not use.

I do not like white piping, I know it was the rage in the fifties and thats fine. I dont like bell bottoms, they were cool in the 70s but I dont like them. So I wonder if leightons will do a cover with black piping...

Lee

Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline Billybream

• Resident Legend
Re: used early swing arm dual seat
« Reply #1 on: 07.12. 2017 06:41 »
1960 Super Rocket, owned since 1966, back on the road 2012 after being laid up for 29yrs.

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 07.12. 2017 09:56 »
Thank you, I will send an e mail and find out what is what. *smile*

Lee

Offline trevinoz

• Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 07.12. 2017 20:01 »
Lee, the early seats didn't have any piping so you should be happy with a new Leighton kit.
They are not hard to fit.

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #4 on: 08.12. 2017 00:48 »
Lee, the early seats didn't have any piping so you should be happy with a new Leighton kit.
They are not hard to fit.

Trev, as far as I am aware, there was the 54-58 (maybe 59ish) for early, than 59- the end for late.

Please dont tell me they made 5 different seats during those years, because I have no idea what year bike this seat is from. *conf*

I just know it has the very pronounced solo plate, and not the same width all the way through like later seats.

Lee

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 08.12. 2017 03:02 »

Lee, maybe bang up a couple of different aspect pics so someone can identify it ??
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 08.12. 2017 04:53 »
Dutch,

I broke the camera on my cell phone, so pictures are difficult.

I will see if I can use my wife's phone, if she will let me. *conf*

Lee

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 08.12. 2017 08:27 »

Where there's a will there's a way(or a won't), I have a small array of old phones that still function to various degrees.
  If need be I take a photo in 'Resizer'   then Bluetooth or otherwise to whatever, then deal  with it... otherwise take a pic and use 'Resizer' ,then deal with it... for what it's  worth....

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia