Author Topic: What’s it worth ??  (Read 282 times)

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• Moving Up
What’s it worth ??
« on: 24.01. 2018 20:58 »
Hi all,

I’ve decided to sell my 1951 a7 project as I don’t have the time to do anything with it.  I intended to build it up as a racer type look. The frame is very nicely finished in a black powder coat, forks rebuilt with progressive springs, new bushes etc.  The rims are original Akront with a twin leading shoe front brake.  I believe the forks are from the a65. The tank is an original a65 firebird variant. I’ve not had it running but I was told the bottom end was perfect, along with freshly honed barrels and new 0.20 pistons.  It’s fitted with a Lucas competition magneto.  The clip ons are very nice quality items fro Barlycorn engineering, new Amal grips, and new gunner gasser throttle.  Have some bits in boxes too.  I’m only the third owner from new and do hold the v5.  Previous owner had it for almost 30 years.  Just want a rough idea what you guys think it may be worth.  I may split if worthwhile but would rather keep it together.  Not a project for the faint hearted but would be an enjoyable project if some time was put into finishing it.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: What’s it worth ??
« Reply #1 on: 25.01. 2018 14:39 »
Well seeing as you're a forum member and we doooo like to help ,I'd take it off your hands for say £220 ohhhhh and I 'd pick it up  *whistle* *grins* *grins*  *countdown*
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 25.01. 2018 16:30 »
£2500 normally, but yours has a few goodies and a V5. Go for £3250 and take a bit of a bid. Good luck.

Offline Bedfordbeeza

• Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 25.01. 2018 17:08 »
Hahah Topdad.......sold, its yours  *smile*

I was hoping for around £2000 at a push, I’d be happy with that  *smiley4*

Cheers