Author Topic: Classic British Motorcycles.Com  (Read 1064 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Classic British Motorcycles.Com
« on: 27.01. 2018 11:56 »
This may be a company to be aware of. Spotted on Facebook group: British Motorcycle Mechanics

In the UK if you pay by credit card you should have protection.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Classic British Motorcycles.Com
« Reply #1 on: 27.01. 2018 12:16 »

I bought my Stainless Steel handlebar from them 6ish years or so ago, and then another set about 3-4 yrs ago to try on the Gutzzi really good stuff in my opinion (even it came in 'Wassel' wrapping *eek*), but along with another bar that I though might work, but total crap- not stainless and wrong shape- ok if wanting Jappo in chrome.... but in fairness there I was 'winging' it on shape  *conf* .

That was about the time that they changed ownership, the new owners said they'd sort it out, but never heard back and they don't answer calls or emails the  guys name was/is 'Steve', so in summation I agree with GB **proceed with caution**

**nb; Just checked emails for timeframe, it was November '14- April '15
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Caretaker

• Making things work !
  • Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 27.01. 2018 12:26 »
Moved to member's board, until further evidence \ info & more posts.

Generally regarding any trader, there could always be some case of 99,9% satisfied & silent customers, and 0.1% making themselves loudly and widely known.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 27.01. 2018 19:16 »
I tried to indicate that it was a possible problem rather than proven.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #4 on: 27.01. 2018 21:12 »
hi guys, always use `Pay-Pal`then if there is a problem they will help to sort it,cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #5 on: 28.01. 2018 09:54 »
hi guys, always use `Pay-Pal`then if there is a problem they will help to sort it,cheers
Visa are quite helpful to though. Had a discussion with a trader a while ago. Ordered a batch of stainless steel bolts and nuts. After 2-3 months still hadn’t received anything. I called him and he hung up some story about him having had an operation , and that he recently moved his business and the movers made a mess of it and he couldn’t find anything back. I still gave him some credit for about a month or 2 and a couple of calls but then lost patience and approached Visa for a refund. Within a week the money was back on my account.
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 28.01. 2018 11:29 »

Let's not diverge from the matter at hand;  I'll reiterate that in my case, both my transactions were not a problem, the first was through eBay/Paypal,, so no problems there, and using those details did a further but much later purchase,via their 'webshop' and also Paypal.

This subsequent purchase would have been easier had I been more specific in the bars that I ordered (adapting Noturn bars to Guttzi- leave it there). 

It was due to an apparent 'death in the family'  (yeah yeah)and an apparent change of ownership/lack of communication that caused confusion. maybe I'll chase them up and see what they have to say for themselves.

Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #7 on: 05.03. 2018 17:38 »
Found this on the BSA owners club forum, see below.

Has anyone used this company for parts?

Ordered an exhaust pipe a couple of weeks ago. No goods arrived and no emails answered or phone answered.Googled reviews and it doesnt look good.

They are based in Walsall, West Midlands.
I've got a couple of addresses - think I may pay them a visit..............

I googled the address, it looks like a house unless I put the postcode in wrong, may be totally innocent, website looks OK ?

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #9 on: 05.03. 2018 22:04 »

Sounds like the mob I bought handlebars from ebay a while ago;      https://classicbritishmotorcycles.com/index.php

I originally bought a SS handle bar about 2011/2 from ebay site- very nice bars too, then in ~'15 wanted to try a set on my Gutzzi, so tracked their website through the itransaction details and ordered another set the same (still very nice- same Wassell) and a different bar which when arrived was not what I wanted (wrong shape/not SS).

I contacted them by phone and email and was told they'll send replacement which didn't happen....after a bit of time was told 'had to go to a family funeral', and will call back...never happened.
After a few more tries, I had a email reply from a guy named 'Steve',who said the place had changed ownership, but if I send my address, he'll send them.......no more correspondence received and seemingly uncontactable.

I think the 'previous owners' were Walter and William, sounded like older guys who may have retired one way or the other.

Maybe they need to be reported.

Address from 'Contact us' on website;

Classicbritishmotorcycles

37 Northgate

Walsall

WS9 8QF
Australia

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #10 on: 05.03. 2018 22:38 »
We've discussed these shits before, I think.

https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=12590.0
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Offline duTch

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #11 on: 06.03. 2018 01:01 »

We've discussed these shits before, I think.

yes we have, but maybe in a different way- figured I didn't have time to look

**edited a few hours later... thanks for the Sherlocking GB- thread was more recent than I thought Maybe this one can be absorbed into it...?
Australia