Author Topic: Would you bother.  (Read 378 times)

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Would you bother.
« on: 11.02. 2018 15:48 »
My A65 Thunderbolt with matching engine and frame numbers starts with A65T HE11***. I have just noticed on my new log book the DVLA printed A6ST HE11*** on both engine and frame numbers. Obviously a typing error. I could write to the DVLA but I don't want to part with my one owner V5. Quite happy to destroy current one if they issue a new correct one. Would you bother ? thanks.

Online Rex

• Valued Contributor
Re: Would you bother.
« Reply #1 on: 11.02. 2018 17:33 »
It's painful trying to get the DVLA to amend V5Cs. Personally I'd just live with it.

Online Bsareg

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #2 on: 11.02. 2018 18:48 »
Same here, one of mine has an 5 instead of S. Leave well alone I think. Why open a can of worms?
C11,B40,B44 Victor,A10,RGS,M21,Rocket3,REBSA

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 11.02. 2018 19:28 »
I'd make sure your insurance co knows. " Ah, a claim we can back out on"!
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #4 on: 11.02. 2018 21:19 »
Same here, one of mine has an 5 instead of S. Leave well alone I think. Why open a can of worms?
Right. It’s not only DVLA to make this kind of mistakes. My plunger has A7Sxxxx but the register form says A75xxxx
The Morris has SAA/xxx but they made SAA1xxx out of it. Never bothered anyone so far...
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: 11.02. 2018 21:34 »

Maybe something to do with forms filled out in handwriting ?
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline LynnLegend

• Moving Up
« Reply #6 on: 12.02. 2018 06:45 »
DVLA told me that my A7 is an actually an M20. Couldn't be bothered to correct them.  *dunno2*
'59 A7 - No idea what I'm doing with it.

Online Rex

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 12.02. 2018 09:20 »
I'd make sure your insurance co knows. " Ah, a claim we can back out on"!
Cheers

That would open another can of worms.
Devious sods insurance companies may be, but an inconsequential incorrect digit on the paperwork is hardly grounds for refusing a claim.

Online bikerbob

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 12.02. 2018 15:09 »
I can see where you are coming from in the case of a mistaken digit ie a  5 being replaced with a  S but in Lynlegend's case it is more serious he has an A7 but the DVLA has it as an M20 an entirely different model this needs to be corrected, it is like having say a Vauxhall Corsa but the DVLA has it as a Vauxhall Astra. This reminds me of my own problems I had with my A65 some 6 years ago, I restored the A65 and seeing as I had the old Buff Log Book I reclaimed the original registration. I did everything correctly at the time restored the bike got temporary insurance got an MOT filled in the correct forms got a dating certificate all submitted to the DVLA, then after not hearing anything for a month I contacted the DVLA to be told all was OK but the person who dealt wih everything had omitted to click the send button on the computer so nothing had been sent out. Not to worry they said it would put in the post and I should recieve everything in a couple of days it actually took over a week but when the V5c arrived the engine and frame numbers were correct and the colour but according to them I did not have a A65 but a BSA Scooter Combination. After another phone call and an apology for the error they said they would send out a replacement but to keep the old V5c until the new one arrived and if I was happy with it destroy the old one another week went by and the replacement arrived and all was correct but they said send the old V5c back to them in the pre-paid envelope provided but there was no pre-paid envelope so I still have the old V5c maybe one day they will eventually send out the missing envelope and I will return it but until then it remains in the A65 file.

Online A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #9 on: 12.02. 2018 17:34 »
I will draft a letter to the DVLA, but I will only send them a copy of my V5. At least I will have my log book in hand. There must be some sensible people down there. I am in no rush so will not do it for some time. Thanks for replies.