Author Topic: Bikes in the house  (Read 2054 times)

Offline CotswoldsA7

• Moving Up
Re: Bikes in the house
« Reply #15 on: 23.02. 2018 22:20 »
I'm lucky to be allowed to have mine in the garage,the freezer takes priority !!!

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 25.02. 2018 19:37 »
 Wife and daughter went out shopping, so I brought the very clean headlight bucket into the warm house to bend the lip round.

I also may have taken a short nap.

When I woke up they were both looking at me like I had pooped on the floor.

Surprised I did not get swatted with a rolled up newspaper.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline Colsbeeza

• Resident Legend
« Reply #17 on: 25.02. 2018 21:56 »
Lee, Maybe Origami or flower arranging may go down better.? *lol*
Colin
1961 Golden Flash
Australia

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #18 on: 26.02. 2018 09:45 »
In my picture, there's also the 10TT9 carb and the road rocket fender ornament off my '54 road rocket and in the poster for the Hamilton GP, the third sidecar is my old norton rig (some time before I owned it).  If I ever retire the racing sidecar that really needs to go in the house  ;)
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline paulo

• Moving Up
« Reply #19 on: 03.04. 2018 18:47 »
I once rebuilt a Suzuki Katana in the lounge of my old house, a small terrace. Once complete I opened the front door and started it up. To check the clutch and gears I put the front wheel against the wall opposite the front door, stuck it in first and gently let the clutch out a bit expecting the forks to compress slightly. What actually happened was the back wheel span and fired a large chunk of my carpet out the front door onto the main road outside! The air was thick with black dust, the remains of the foam carpet backing.

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 04.04. 2018 08:43 »
I'm guessing you live alone now.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline paulo

• Moving Up
« Reply #21 on: 04.04. 2018 17:52 »
Luckily this happened before I met my wife. Got a garage now fortunately but it is getting a bit full...

Offline Rgs-Bill

• A's Good Friend
  • Rocket Gold Star-Bill - U S of A -- N.W. Corner
« Reply #22 on: 04.04. 2018 21:55 »
CHAUVANISTIC ! !  Keep the bikes, even get more of them, get rid of the wife, or have her change her way of thinking.  I had 2 of them, (wives that is).  The first one decided she did not like sex except to make children.  Got rid of her in 1968.  Second one decided she was going to use sex to change me over into her idea of a model husband.  Bought all new door locks the next Saturday, when she was at a childrens Birthday party at her sisters.  Then I called her that Saturday and said do not come back to my house, your keys no longer fit the locks.  She moved in with her sister and her 2 kids, 4 kids altogether.  (had pre-nup on second wife )  She even paid for the divorce.  I have seen and talked to her once in 38 years, not even sure if she is still alive. Now I just live with them in my house, much easier,  my house, MY RULES ! ! .
   She ended up losing her 2 children from her previous marriage to child protective services, and then they went to foster homes, her older son called me one time several years after the split and told me all that info.
   In my house, even with the live  " IN"S  that, when the sun comes out, and it is over 65* air temps, the 62 RGS comes out and I am gone by myself.  Do not ride 2 up ever.  This is true no matter what had been on the table that day for plans with the family.  The BSA comes first, no matter what.  That is the unwritten agreement/rule in my house.  If they do not like it they can hit the road, women are a dime a dozen, any where ! ! ! !  I can keep my bikes any where in the house that I want too, I also have a 2 car garage, that is dry and warm, where most of them stay very comfy.

SIGNED  BILL   (CHAUVANIST )
U S of A
N.W. Corner, Seattle 
1962 RGS
78 YEARS OLD
Still Kick Starting My Motor (9 TO 1)
Although getting a bit tougher to do ! !

Offline ellis

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #23 on: 04.04. 2018 22:09 »
Well said Bill. I live on my own and have 3 bikes and 2 of them live in the house and the Goldwing lives in the garage because it won't fit through the door. That's my life and I love every day of it.   *beer*

ELLIS

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #24 on: 05.04. 2018 01:07 »
o dear some of you have had the wrong females, mine insists on  the bike coming in to keep nice and cosy and safe and sound in the winter I even use the oven for casing heating etc .at the moment ive got the rrt2 spread out on the carpet , and a crank shaft loitering in the kitchen, the featherbed frame has just been moved from the kitchen because it was getting in MY way *yeah*

Offline Black Sheep

• Wise & Enlightened
    • Where black sheep live
« Reply #25 on: 05.04. 2018 06:52 »
The whole art is in finding a girl who rides bikes and then has the good taste to fall in love with your bike, with you as an afterthought. Worked for me. And yes, I have rebuilt the Norton in the front room.
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #26 on: 05.04. 2018 07:09 »
A friend keeps these in the passageway at home.

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #27 on: 05.04. 2018 13:07 »
my girlfriend had never been on a bike, the secret is to have a girlfriend / wife who doesn't want a new kitchen/ carpet/ washer/ fridge freezer/ windows / doors/[ the list goes on ]every 5 years and has the attitude that misters should be in the pub while they do the shopping or their window shopping *loveit*

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #28 on: 05.04. 2018 22:12 »
hi guys, this is the only bike i would have as an ornament in the house, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #29 on: 06.04. 2018 10:27 »
G'day all.
I built my race bike (57 A7SS) in my lounge room (3 room humpy in the bush). No electricity so had kero lamps to see at night and hand tools only. The girl I had at the time was a bit of a bush pig so it didn't bother her!!!
Cheers
I'll try to find photos.
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7