Author Topic: Spring has been postponed in the UK  (Read 3304 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Spring has been postponed in the UK
« Reply #135 on: 06.05. 2018 16:17 »
I've just returned from darkest Shropshire and the BSAOC Birmingham branch camp. Weather was perfect! Looking forward to next weekend's Cheshire branch camp. Would I be greedy in asking for good weather?

Friday evening I rode into Craven Arms to get fish and chips. The Polish young woman serving me asked "Do you want fok?" Nah, I thought, I'm not that lucky, she's really offering me a plastic fork.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #136 on: 05.01. 2019 22:03 »
Could say. "Spring has come early in Chicago"

How am I supposed to get my winter work done if it's 50 deg F on January 5th? *????* *smile*

Richard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #137 on: 05.01. 2019 22:47 »
Minus 4 here yesterday in the morning!

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
« Reply #138 on: 05.01. 2019 23:24 »
Shaping up to be another cool summer here. nice! *smile*
Peter

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #139 on: 06.01. 2019 01:07 »
Don't know about that Peter. Yes it's cool now at 20C but last week we had high 30's and got over 40C one day. Hence beer consumption.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #140 on: 06.01. 2019 01:55 »
Nothing for it Musky, you will just have to cross the Nullarbur. *beer*
Peter

Online kiwipom

• Resident Legend
« Reply #141 on: 06.01. 2019 02:40 »
I've just returned from darkest Shropshire and the BSAOC Birmingham branch camp. Weather was perfect! Looking forward to next weekend's Cheshire branch camp. Would I be greedy in asking for good weather?

Friday evening I rode into Craven Arms to get fish and chips. The Polish young woman serving me asked "Do you want fok?" Nah, I thought, I'm not that lucky, she's really offering me a plastic fork.
GB lucky you didn't ask her if she served `Crabs`cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand

Offline Colsbeeza

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #142 on: 06.01. 2019 08:53 »
Hi Peter, All I can say is "Luxury", but of course you are on the west coast. Here in the Hunter Valley east coast, we have just had 10 consecutive days above 38 C, several 40-41. My shed has an un-insulated iron roof and the walls are concrete blocks, so keeps it above 40 C until well after midnight. The hot blast across Australia seems to exit near Newcastle, so we have copped an unusually long run of heat. Anyway it beats the two days of 47 C we had summer before last. It is cool today for the first time - 24 C, so getting back to work on the BSA.
Cheers Col
Colsbeeza
Australia

Online Daithi

• Moving Up
« Reply #143 on: 13.01. 2019 02:37 »
Just back from Joburg where it hit 37c and here in Dublin there hasn't been any frost this season.
A farmer in the midlands has broken a national record here and cut silage already, the season is usually May and on.
There are daffodils blooming here!!! Not sure if there are any eco warriors on here but the bees don't stand a chance.
Dave

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #144 on: 13.01. 2019 10:36 »

...There are daffodils blooming here!!! Not sure if there are any eco warriors on here but the bees don't stand a chance....

Not really sure what you mean by that and dunno what a 'eco warrior' is, but me coming from a rural background and smart enough to know, if you mess unduly with the bees, you are only ultimately messing with yourself- do your own research

PS; it's a nice comfortable ~28˚ down from a still nice comfortable ~33˚ earlier *smile* makin' the most of it *beer* *beer* (without the bees, we don't have beer)
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Colsbeeza

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #145 on: 13.01. 2019 12:09 »
Jeez, I don't think much will be getting done in the shed this week.
Check this out.!!
Col
Colsbeeza
Australia

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #146 on: 13.01. 2019 15:47 »

...There are daffodils blooming here!!! Not sure if there are any eco warriors on here but the bees don't stand a chance....
(without the bees, we don't have beer)

...or food. While not an activist, I'd be happy to be grouped with the "eco warriors"  as long as I can explode fuel in two antique cylinders.

Ricard L.
Plan on signing up for the world-wide 2017 DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE on September 30, 2018. Watch website at https://www.gentlemansride.com for details.

Online ellis

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #147 on: 13.01. 2019 20:35 »
Had enough of this cold weather so i'm off to sunny New Zealand next week for two months until spring arrives back to the UK.   *wink2*

ELLIS

Online BigJim

• Moving Up
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #148 on: 13.01. 2019 22:17 »
Have a great time Ellis and i am not jealous! Just a poor liar. It's by me not living the dream that others can measure their "living the dream"status. Relativity and all that. If you get to ride one of BSA's finest when in NZ then that would be jackpot!
 *yeah* *beer* *good3* *respect*
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Online Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #149 on: 14.01. 2019 00:43 »
We have had consisted Southerly winds here for months keeping it lovely and cool. going for club ride on Wednesday, forecast 26C *yeah* on A10 of cause