Author Topic: Feked bits.  (Read 1993 times)

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Feked bits.
« on: 02.03. 2018 16:29 »
Had a look at their website today, never used them before. Prices look ok, would you recommend them. Thanks.

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Feked bits.
« Reply #1 on: 02.03. 2018 16:44 »
I have bought a few items from them. The most expensive was the exhaust pipes, (headers) and silencers, (mufflers). They all fitted well. The chrome has lasted well for 6 years, (I don't ride in winter conditions). Of course my experience is not recent so who knows what they are selling now; it's a bit of a gamble but with a company that has a reputation to protect I would hope that they'd want customers to be happy. I spent most of my rebuild money at Draganfly.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 02.03. 2018 16:53 »
Hi Greybeard. I noticed the exhausts and they don't look bad at all. I need a full set, head to tail so I will part with a few pennies. I have dealt with Draganfly with no problems and Kidderminster M/C's have been brilliant with all my engine bits. If I get a bad one to can pop round there and show them one of your Chinese Burns. Regards.

Offline scotty

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 02.03. 2018 16:57 »
My past and recent experiences with Feked have been positive

HTH

S

Scotty

Current liabilities:
'56 A10 Dark Flash
'54 B33
‘74 Berlin Bomber R75-6

Offline unclerob

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #4 on: 02.03. 2018 17:46 »
I've used them several times and have no complaints...they have a nice shop in the New Forest too...the silencers I've had were UK made as well

Offline LynnLegend

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #5 on: 02.03. 2018 18:55 »
I've bought several pieces from them, all been excellent including a well made silencer.
'59 A7 - No idea what I'm doing with it.

Offline Tomcat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 03.03. 2018 08:32 »
Happy Feked customer here in Oz. Buy with confidence.  *smile*
59 Super Rocket 

Offline RoyC

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #7 on: 03.03. 2018 11:00 »
Feked have done me well, so far.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS
Staffordshire UK

Offline thackero

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #8 on: 31.03. 2018 15:44 »
I have bought items for my BSA and Triumph projects from these guys . Excellent service. Good prices and quality to date has been good

Offline MartinK

• Moving Up
« Reply #9 on: 16.01. 2019 14:43 »
Feked have allways been good for all the bits of A10 stuff I have required in the past and will use them in the future.

Offline bikerbob

• Resident Legend
« Reply #10 on: 23.01. 2019 19:10 »
On looking at the recommendations about feked.com decided to give them a try, ordered a new sealed beam unit for my A7 on Monday at 11am arrived next day Tuesday at 10-30 am how is that for service, will definately use them again. I live in North East England.
56 A7 s/a
63 A65

Offline BagONails

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 18.06. 2021 10:49 »
Big shout out from me for Feked, no affiliation at all.

Parts ordered online 9/6/21
Parts arrive at my home in Adelaide, South Australia 17/6/21

Everything present and correct, well packed and they look to be of good quality, time alone will tell on that. Everything is marked as 'made in England' apart from the clutch chain wheel which is made in Taiwan, OK by me.

Prices were very competitive, availability was good, they had everything I needed and the web site worked really well, ability to search by part number, very good.

Looking forward to getting things back together.

Edit: Another thing I should note is that the day after placing the order I saw a refund come through on Paypal. This turned out to be a reduction in the shipping costs, presumably what I paid initially was based on a standard calc and then once DHL had picked up they got the real figure and it was about a third less, which was immediately refunded to me so very happy with that too.
Ian
59 GF A10
67 Spitfire under resto
2013 kwaka W800 Desert Sled (ex write off)

Nil Desperandum

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #12 on: 18.06. 2021 11:03 »
I've not had problems Fecked.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #13 on: 18.06. 2021 11:09 »
I never had any problems with Feked, until I did, then I found their customer care sucks big time. They clearly feel that the concept of products "lasting a reasonable time" applies to others rather than them, and if you ask for a refund or replacement you can Feke off.
Since recently posting of my problems with them others have come forward to say much the same.
I fully accept that in this day of "repro parts only" some less-than-perfect products are being produced, but it's still an obligation on established suppliers to sort any problems which arise.
I've spent a fair amount of money with them over the years, but no more. If they're unwilling to offer a refund over a minor sum of money (under £25) then clearly they're now too big/arrogant/stupid to need my money and so I'll happily go elsewhere.

Offline BagONails

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #14 on: 18.06. 2021 12:17 »
Sorry to hear of your bad experience Rex. It is a case of 'speak as you find' I guess and you seem to be in the minority on here, thankfully. I must say I had a good look at quite a number of potential sources and they were one of only two that could supply all the parts I needed together and they were significantly cheaper.  To me both these things sealed the deal as I am in a relatively remote part of the world where shipping costs can add significantly to the total.

I agree with you however that service is very important and standing by your product is key so I am somewhat dismayed to hear of your troubles and only hope I don't have similar issues down the track... :!
Ian
59 GF A10
67 Spitfire under resto
2013 kwaka W800 Desert Sled (ex write off)

Nil Desperandum