Author Topic: Radiator Plumbing  (Read 634 times)

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Radiator Plumbing
« Reply #15 on: 02.03. 2018 08:00 »

..Most useful instruction is "Attention! Tool may get hot!"  *eek* Keep forgetting that...

aaah yeah well just after writing;

haha- yeah well yesterday I had to go buy a replacement 'mappgas/hotwhatzit'  torch, couldn't figure it out so sat with a  *beer* and read the instructions...ffs .things never used to be that complicated... *dunno*

I needed to use it for a short time then put it down but then had to move it, so guess how I picked it up.. *bash*..the burner tip is now painted with red flame-proof exhaust paint....
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline LynnLegend

• A's Best Friend
« Reply #16 on: 03.03. 2018 10:36 »
Footprint pipe wrench did the job - very well made tool, a worthy addition to my tool kit. I have one terrible mangled valve now, but can replace in the summer. Room toasty hot.

Thanks all for your help!

Sam.
'59 A7 - No idea what I'm doing with it.

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #17 on: 05.03. 2018 15:43 »
That is a modern rad and valve. If you drain down a change it, buy a new washer for the drain down cock which you can fit before you refill the system. I have never been beaten by one of those valves, try not to heat it up you will damage the spindle packing. Regards.