Author Topic: Morgo oil pumps  (Read 1504 times)

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
Morgo oil pumps
« on: 19.07. 2009 13:05 »
 Hello,

My oil pump (like the rest of the bike) has a few problems, so I went looking at the SRM pump. For something that important I have no problem paying the SRM money for it, but more then once I have heard grumbling about this pump. Whether its design, or has not had all the kinks worked out yet I don't know.

I came across a post on a triumph site about Morgo coming out with a pump for A-10. I shot them off an e-mail and sure enough there is one in the works, when it will be available-I have not received an answer yet.

Does anyone have opinions on these morgo pumps from use on other bikes as far as the reliability? If these worked half as well as they claim, I think this could be a very worthwhile conversion for me.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.

Offline MikeN

• A's Good Friend
Re: Morgo oil pumps
« Reply #1 on: 19.07. 2009 18:28 »
Lee,
  Dont know about the Morgo pump ,but ive been running the SRM pump in my A10 for the last 7000 miles with no problems.This is the blue anodized alloy one they sell.I believe it has wider (A65?) gears than the original A10 pump so has a higher capacity.Dont get any signs of over-oiling ,no smoke ,no oil pumping out of the breather. Never had any suggestion of wet-sumping either.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
Re: Morgo oil pumps
« Reply #2 on: 19.07. 2009 23:58 »
mine is a blue srm pump aswell no probs with mine