Author Topic: new stainless exhaust  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Billybream

• Resident Legend
Re: new stainless exhaust
« Reply #30 on: 05.06. 2018 20:34 »
Hi Rex.
Armours offer stainless exhaust and silencers, I would recommend them as a supplier and go stainless every time, very pleased with mine although other members have suffered issues with Armours.
1960 Super Rocket, owned since 1966, back on the road 2012 after being laid up for 29yrs.

Online bsa-bill

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #31 on: 05.06. 2018 22:02 »
Cheers Lee
All the best - Bill
1961 Flash - stock, reliable, steady, fantastic for shopping
1959 Rocket Gold Flash - blinged and tarted up  would have seizure if taken to  Tesco

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #32 on: 06.06. 2018 09:15 »
Hi Rex.
Armours offer stainless exhaust and silencers, I would recommend them as a supplier and go stainless every time, very pleased with mine although other members have suffered issues with Armours.

It's just that I could find stainless silencers on the web-site but no mention of stainless pipes. Time for a phone call.

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #33 on: 06.06. 2018 11:53 »
Do they sell stainless pipes too?

Rex,

They show a siamese set, but a dual set is also available- you might have to drop them an e-mail.

Yes on the pipes! *smile* But if your bike (or luck) are at all like mine, it is going to take some doing to get the pipes to fit properly.

Because the bike is not mobile yet, I had to drive the left hand pipe back and forth 15 miles each way to get it tweaked a little each time. Its far from perfect, but at this point they can be sent out to get re-polished.

I will have to make another set of muffler hangers, get those powder coated and then hopefully job done.

Lee
Central Wisconsin in the U.S.