Author Topic: Cheshire camp?  (Read 382 times)

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Cheshire camp?
« on: 10.05. 2018 17:35 »
I'm off to Cheshire BSAOC camp tomorrow morning. I'll be flashing my forum tee-shirt as much as possible. Anyone else planning to go?

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Resident Legend
Re: Cheshire camp?
« Reply #1 on: 10.05. 2018 20:08 »
Have a good time  *smile* and a safe journey.

1960 Golden Flash

Online Simon59

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 11.05. 2018 08:06 »
I'll be there, though sadly not on a bike. My GF is a long way from being rideable, but it would be nice to meet you GB and compare plungie notes. Thanks to your generosity in lending me the petrol tank plugs, I too have a forum T Shirt!
Restoring a 1954 plunger framed A10 Golden Flash

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 13.05. 2018 17:45 »
I'll be there, though sadly not on a bike. My GF is a long way from being rideable, but it would be nice to meet you GB and compare plungie notes. Thanks to your generosity in lending me the petrol tank plugs, I too have a forum T Shirt!

The A7A10 tee-shirts achieved what they were supposed to do and when I returned from lunch I spotted Simon wearing his tee and playing silly games with the Cheshire branch loonies. The first photo shows Simon wearing his tee, along with Paul (???), from this forum and a couple of other guys, Bob and Vick. I don't know what they were talking about, but it may have been old BSA's!

The next picture is of Andrew Guttmans Goldie(ish) super machine.

When I see these ancient road signs I just have to lean my bike against one and take pictures.

Here are all the images from the weekend.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycnqighykrw5118/AACDlwr8_AYs6nc2fiJ6An_ha?dl=0

A great time was had by all who attended, I'm sure. The Cheshire camps are always great fun. I hope to be able to get to lots more of them. Thank you, Andrew Guttman and all the other club members up in the crumbly cheesy wastes of Cheshire!

Online Simon59

• Moving Up
« Reply #4 on: 14.05. 2018 07:04 »
Great to meet you in person GB, and your bike is even nicer than the photos.

A great weekend was had by all, helped a bit by the fantastic weather. Next year I'll ride there rather than drive (I hope)! Thanks all.

Restoring a 1954 plunger framed A10 Golden Flash

Online beezermacc

• Resident Legend
  • Not for the purist!
    • Priory Magnetos Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: 14.05. 2018 11:31 »
A massive 'Thank You' to all who came and supported our camping weekend. Also big thanks to members of the Cheshire branch, many of whom are forum members, who helped to stage the event. I'm sure everybody had a good time even if dignity was somewhat dented in the silly games! Thanks to all who took part and for being such good sports!
Priory Magnetos Ltd - A10 spares, magneto and dynamo refurbs. www.priorymagnetos.co.uk