Author Topic: will I be ex communicated  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
Re: will I be ex communicated
« Reply #15 on: 17.05. 2018 03:52 »
Yes when even my sidecar is intact after solid running for hours at the recent have a go day I know life is good
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 17.05. 2018 04:07 »
Oohoo, what's more that's a KSS he has in the back there eh?
Blessed by V's!

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 17.05. 2018 04:54 »
Oohoo, what's more that's a KSS he has in the back there eh?
Blessed by V's!

https://www.facebook.com/KenCampbellMotorcycles/
some seriously nice sh!t  ;)
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 17.05. 2018 08:47 »
Wow. Congratulation all round.
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 17.05. 2018 09:22 »

Nice little runaround pickup tractor- but not as good as an A10  *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #20 on: 17.05. 2018 22:28 »
planning on keeping my two A10 road rockets *wink2* . the 72 rocket three will have to go and perhaps when my 54 road rocket is back on the road, quite likely the 71 lightning will go too. But want to keep all my 50's machinery.
Will have a bit of a clean out, a nice SC gearbox, the joe hunt mag (now serviced with new coil, but was a bugger to fit to an A10), lots of full width hubs  *conf2* and various sets of cases, spare engine plates. oh and a complete winged wheel  *roll*. DO need to work out if I'm going to use a roadgoing sidecar I havent got room for.
I've had a ride on an indian four, very smooth but not really my cup of tea. the v8 is very special, from the side it looks like a four. The builder has some really nice cammy velo's  *dribble*

But I'm looking forward to having the vincent sorted, just ordering wheel parts from central wheels in birmingham. Going back to chrome and painted 19 & 20" rims
Off to Whangarei for a weekend rally later today on the ZB33 with the BSA crew, should be a nice ride up the coast via Matakana, Mangawhai and Langes
New Zealand

Offline Tomcat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #21 on: 18.05. 2018 08:23 »
Sounds like RR is living the dream! A good woman in the house and spoilt for choice in the garage! Enjoy it mate!  *smile*
59 Super Rocket 

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #22 on: 18.05. 2018 10:57 »
Yep, like a three ring circus. Engagement ring, wedding ring then the suffe ring.
Are we going to see a change of passenger on the rig?
I know bugger all about Vinnies except I'd love to have one. Was surprised that they have a 20" wheel. Tyres would be hard to get.
We always get a few Shadows/Rapides at our show but this year we had a Black Prince (won Bike of the Show). The whisper going around was that it just had a $100,000 restoration.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #23 on: 18.05. 2018 12:10 »

......The whisper going around was that it just had a $100,000 restoration...

I've run out of fingasantoes...... *conf2*

Borrani rims are worth some too- depending on the nipple dents
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Resident Legend
  • The A7
« Reply #24 on: 18.05. 2018 20:35 »
I Know its facebook but I searched and could not find it anywhere else, ps it works without a signin.
https://www.facebook.com/secrethistoriesofraretreasures/videos/219685038764944

Love the bike Tim saw the above and thought you may like the above.
1961 A7 since 1976, 1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project, 1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger
1950 Triumph T100, 1981 Ducati Pantah 500, 1959 AJS model 20

Offline nimrod650

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #25 on: 22.05. 2018 20:19 »
bought a 38 rapide series A in 1964 with a broken primary chain for £14 same bike
 sold at auction for £264-000 IF ONLY a motorcycle news reporter and camera man where travelling down autoban to german GP on his vincent black lightning with stieb sidecar at 100mph if he blipped throttle wide open the rear tyre gave a puff of smoke??

Offline harvey mushman

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #26 on: 22.05. 2018 21:04 »
Yep, like a three ring circus. Engagement ring, wedding ring then the suffe ring.
Are we going to see a change of passenger on the rig?
I know bugger all about Vinnies except I'd love to have one. Was surprised that they have a 20" wheel. Tyres would be hard to get.
We always get a few Shadows/Rapides at our show but this year we had a Black Prince (won Bike of the Show). The whisper going around was that it just had a $100,000 restoration.
Cheers

Black Prince isn't my cup of tea, i can appreciate the work in restoring it though.

Love the Mikuni carbs on the other 2!

Offline Atoll

• A's Good Friend
  • BSA A7SS 1960
« Reply #27 on: 25.05. 2018 17:35 »
CONGRATULATIONS, what a fine machine. Only one thing for it, you're going to have to learn the words to this and as long as you don't meet the same fate.  *eek*.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yw2yKNLEPc

OK not a black lighting 1952 but close enough.  ;)

Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.
Goucho Marx 1959.

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #28 on: 29.05. 2018 02:25 »
Its up on a mates workshop table and so far all good, the clutch shoes were sodden with oil but otherwise the clutch all in good nick. Looks to be a lightning unit, all finned and factory lightened.
Also the dodgy steering became evident from the slop in the head bearing, so fairly easy fixes so far.

A bit of a lag while new rims are delivered, but roll on spring.

Interesting to see that pic of the two series c's. the black shadow appears to have a rapide speedo and the rapide a shadow one  *pull hair out*  so much to take in...

Intriguingly the brake plates are all magnesium so valuable genuine good stuff but not necessarily ideal. Aluminium meant to e more robust.

New Zealand

Offline worntorn

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 29.05. 2018 04:23 »
a motorcycle news reporter and camera man where travelling down autoban to german GP on his vincent black lightning with stieb sidecar at 100mph if he blipped throttle wide open the rear tyre gave a puff of smoke??

That puff of smoke would be from the exhaust. The riders  handbook states that normal oil consumption  is 1500 miles per Imperial Gallon!
Fortunately with modern low expansion pistons running at .0035" oil consumption is very low. I have done the 2800 mile roundtrip run from Vancouver BC to Grass Valley California without adding any oil on the trip, just 8 ounces needed to fill at home. 
Hotrodded Rapide, Black Shadow or Lightning, there's no way the back wheel will break loose on acceleration at 100 mph, but they are still a great old bike. :)

Well maybe Super Nero or Mighty Mouse could do such things.