Author Topic: Registering  (Read 261 times)

Offline Atoll

• A's Best Friend
  • BSA A7SS 1960
Registering
« on: 25.05. 2018 10:08 »
First of all, I only joined here recently so if this post is in the wrong forum please forgive me. *eek*

I am currently in the process of buying a 1958 A7SS. The bike was first registered in the UK then in1973 exported to Nigeria. I am informed the bike was purchased by somebody in the army while in Nigeria and reimported it into the UK 4 years ago. There is lots of documentation mostly Nigerian including a Nigerian log book but no UK book or information other than the original registration. All the information has been provided with the help of the vintage bike club including photographs and copies of all documents as requested. Just wondering how long it takes the DVLA to get their finger out and reregister the bike. 

Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.
Goucho Marx 1959.

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
Re: Registering
« Reply #1 on: 30.05. 2018 17:44 »
There are not many staff at the DVLA of late. They probably put that application in the difficult in box. They may want a BSA Owners Club certficate, they have a free forum which is not as good as this one, but is still helpful. Welcome to the forum.

Offline Atoll

• A's Best Friend
  • BSA A7SS 1960
Re: Registering
« Reply #2 on: 31.05. 2018 10:56 »
There are not many staff at the DVLA of late. They probably put that application in the difficult in box. They may want a BSA Owners Club certficate, they have a free forum which is not as good as this one, but is still helpful. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, All documentation required has been sen inc certificate from the VMC. Still waiting.

Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.
Goucho Marx 1959.