Author Topic: DVLA A good experience.  (Read 169 times)

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
DVLA A good experience.
« on: 29.06. 2018 11:39 »
We hear such dire stories that it's only fair to give a little praise to at least one member of DVLA .Yesterday I discovered a major cock up ,mostly mine but also DVLA . I went online to check BSA's status as my insurance as just renewed. Nearly crapped myself to find it not sorned or Taxed ! Getting paperwork together I pieced together what had happened Last yr I changed the bikes address from My Daughters home to our home . I sent of the V5 and thankfully photocopied it showing changes of address etc posted off and forgot about it . No reminders in Feb to tax but I'm  in blissful ignorance , weather shitty so no use no thought about so the months pass until yesterday . So I rang DVLA ,geared up for a brief offensive and then some charm in equal measure to sort it. A young lady answered I explained the problem and she told me that it hadn't been rec'd ,had I sent it registered , not wasn't simply first class, but I had a copy ! She told me to download a V62 ,complete it with the details from my copy ,pay £25 to the PO and they would retax it there and then! Any fine or other fee to DVLA ,no was the answer and as no duty outstanding there was no back tax so that would be that . Even more surprisingly the PO did everything she said they would in under 5 mins in all quite a result   ,however, memo to remaining 3 braincells  use the bloody Diary on the PC to remind you of tax !!!!!! And to everyone always keep copies of docs and where possible send doc's to DVLA by "signed for "
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Valued Contributor
Re: DVLA A good experience.
« Reply #1 on: 29.06. 2018 18:15 »
If you go to the gov website:-

https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder

Fill in your details they will send you an email reminder a month before your MOT is due.

I've just been swapping emails with the DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) and the DVLA (Driver & Vehicle Licencing Agency) trying to get some sense out of them regarding my 1960 GF becoming MOT exempt this May and in doing so came across the email reminder part of the site given above. Some details on my GF were wrong so thought I'd notify them using the link to the DVSA given on the page. Then I got an email saying DVSA don't deal with it and I need to contact the DVLA (see screen shot of email 16-6-18), who then said DVSA deals with it  *pull hair out*.  Eventually got someone (low & behold - from the DVSA) who explained what had happened (see screen shot of email 21-6-18). So it was purely down to a mechanic not entering the year of my bike correctly at the time of an MOT. It's only wrong there, V5C and everywhere else it's correct *conf* .

I still don't know who deals with what, DVSA or DVLA *pull hair out*.

1960 Golden Flash

Offline RogerSB

• 1960 Golden Flash, Plymouth, Devon, England
  • Valued Contributor
Re: DVLA A good experience.
« Reply #2 on: 30.06. 2018 10:20 »
As an addendum to the above for anyone interested: In email from DVSA dated 16-6-18 (see above) I was advised that I could fill out form V112, the self declaration for exemption from MOT, and take it to a post office. I did that the following day and the post office refused to accept it on the grounds that I wasn't taxing my bike at the same time *pull hair out*.   I had already taxed my GF on 8-5-18 *eek*.

1960 Golden Flash