Author Topic: Would a B25 BSA /TRIUMPH 7 in twin leading front brake fit a 1958 A7SS  (Read 539 times)

Offline Atoll

• A's Good Friend
  • BSA A7SS 1960
Would a B25 BSA /TRIUMPH 7 in twin leading front brake fit a 1958 A7SS it currently has the full width hub I think also 7" ? Cheers

Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.
Goucho Marx 1959.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi Atoll
58 being the change over year gives us no idea which hub you have?
Alloy Ariel type or the iron BSA one?
The brake plate will not fit the alloy Ariel type hub (AFAIK)
Lester Grant of the Ariel club has made some TLS conversions for the Ariel hub
The BSA iron hub is 8in. so no joy there either

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline Atoll

• A's Good Friend
  • BSA A7SS 1960
This is a pic of the hub. I don't have the bike yet (long story) but hope to have it soon.

Hi Atoll
58 being the change over year gives us no idea which hub you have?
Alloy Ariel type or the iron BSA one?
The brake plate will not fit the alloy Ariel type hub (AFAIK)
Lester Grant of the Ariel club has made some TLS conversions for the Ariel hub
The BSA iron hub is 8in. so no joy there either

John

Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.
Goucho Marx 1959.

Online JulianS

• 1962 A10
  • Wise & Enlightened
That looks like a 7 inch hub. The A7SS originaly fitted with the 8 inch version.Be sure the bike is really a Shooting Star before parting with yournmoney.

Offline Atoll

• A's Good Friend
  • BSA A7SS 1960
That looks like a 7 inch hub. The A7SS originaly fitted with the 8 inch version.Be sure the bike is really a Shooting Star before parting with yournmoney.
Am not daft ;)I am waiting for the DVLA to confirm all and issue a new V5 and yes the guy selling it told me it was a 7" hub.

Goucho Marx 1959.

Online RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
Looks to be an original hub in good knick. Why plan a replacement before you even have the bike?  I ride with an original 1/2-width '55 front brake. I'll tell people the bikes does not have what some people would call, "uh, 'brakes'," but it keeps me riding at a high level of attention and maintains the time-machine aspect of riding a '55.

Richard L.

Online Ted_Flash

• A's Good Friend
An alternative is to fit the entire 250cc front end, which gives the advantage of much improved damping.  I've fitted the stanchion covers with ears for the headlamp, and it's not easily noticeable that the forks are "wrong".  The 7" TLS brake is much bettter than the 8" SLS in my opinion.
Ted Wilkinson, Ramsbottom, Lancashire
1950 Golden Flash