Author Topic: Young officials old bikes  (Read 216 times)

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Young officials old bikes
« on: 25.07. 2018 09:55 »
G'day all.
Following on from duTch's post in "It's a Scorcher" https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?topic=13130.msg106132;topicseen#msg106132
When I first registered my 51 A7 it had the tiny rear light single filament tail light only. The fella that did the blue slip (full check for vehicles that are out of rego for more than 3 months) knows old bikes and knew I didn't need a brake light. But try to tell that to the young fella at the rego office. He wouldn't believe me so I said ring up technical. He did and put the fella on to me asking what year and make of bike. Told him the details and he said no I don't need one but good luck. The young fella was red faced and stamped my paperwork.
I figured the A7's brakes were that bad blind Fredy could see I was trying to slow down so I didn't need one anyway! I did fit an accessory one years later.

A few years ago I demonstrated how the A7's breaks aren't as good as modern cars by running up the back of one. 5 broken ribs and a punctured lung, just a few grazes on the A7. I now overtake them before they brake. *smile*
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Triton Thrasher

• Scotland
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Young officials old bikes
« Reply #1 on: 25.07. 2018 10:17 »
A few years ago I demonstrated how the A7's breaks aren't as good as modern cars by running up the back of one. 5 broken ribs and a punctured lung, just a few grazes on the A7. I now overtake them before they brake.

Sounds like you and your bike are the sort of dangerous menace that could outlaw old vehicles.

Glad to hear you didn’t hurt anyone else.

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
Re: Young officials old bikes
« Reply #2 on: 25.07. 2018 11:50 »
Hi Musky, most guy's would have used a graph or some such way of demonstrating how shit the A7's brakes are ,however in your true dedicated way you drive into the back of a car !   *respect* *respect*  *countdown*  Funny now but defo not at the time you had us all worried  after all who the hell else were we going  to pester for advice ???  *whistle* *whistle* *clap*
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom