Author Topic: Hello  (Read 948 times)

Offline BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: 10.08. 2018 16:08 »
Indeed! Had ride out (hundreds attended) last year around certain areas of Bristol to give indication to thieves of our distaste (?) for their activities and to message the police that they should sort it or we would! Have upgraded security and try not to think about it.
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #16 on: 10.08. 2018 18:19 »
G'day Jamie.
 Thanks for the intro. Enjoy the forum.
You now have a flag. I usually wait for a first post as many join and still stay quiet.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 10.08. 2018 22:38 »

Hiya BJ-   *welcome*.....I rode along a Clevedon/Cleveden St. yesterday doing a blockie to collect some stuff.....nowhre near you though

The day I went to secure the CTP Insurance to re-register my el-Plungo, pulled into the parking lot of the center where the office is on my Gutzzli, and a Pleece car pulled in beside me and the lady driving leaned over and after asking me 'where are my indicators' , when 'satisfied'-but not convinced it didn't need them, next question was "which side is my brake pedal ?"  *eek*.....I know I'd just been riding it but still had to think about it...and now do every time I ride either... *conf2*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #18 on: 10.08. 2018 23:23 »
Thanks Musky. It's a great forum and everyone is really friendly. A real bonus for BSA owners, wish it had existed back in the 80's when i first started trying to fix my A10. All the damage i did crawling around in the dark with no money and incorrect tools makes me wince now. It may take me a while to post anything as i imagine my questions have already been answered by a previous post. Your A7 looks the bee's knees. Hi duTch i also struggle with brakes and gears as i ride a BMW on occasion (did i say that out loud)?
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 11.08. 2018 09:23 »

Beeemwhat?... *eek*   Yup it's not just the left and right, it's the up and down too- funny enough, I was 18 when I taught myself to ride on an otherwise unused little Hoonda CL90 (?)- you know like Wayne Gardners first bike  *smile*, and then had the Tr-Tr-500 Daytona while re-building  *work*(choke/cough) my Road Rocket, and never had a problem with either of those feet.....that I can (conveniently) recall... *conf*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia