Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 147995 times)

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #2985 on: 21.08. 2023 20:09 »
G'day Richard.
I had to check, on GM it's called Kurrajong Heights. The pub is on the left above the "Kurrajong Heights" name. A must stop in either direction for the Bell Line Rd.
Is your new avatar your shed? Needs a tidy!
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2986 on: 23.08. 2023 18:30 »
I went for a ride on my new BSA this afternoon. The afternoon was hot so I got sweaty when stopped but luverly on the move. I stopped off at Draycott water, (reservoir) and partook of an ice cream;  two scoops; one salted caramel, one rum-n-raisin.

I am close to the path of the folly known as HS2. As I pass these massive areas of earth moving and new building structures I can see how the project is going to cost us £100 Billion quid.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2987 on: 03.09. 2023 04:52 »
Today I took my a10 for a 10 mile ride for the first time in about 3 months  *smile* *smile* *smile*. Most of that time was waiting for the mag to be rebuilt after the brass section of the slip ring liberated itself. I packed out the breather cork as the mag was fill of oil and the top hat a little loose. And new clutch plates (the clutch was apart already as a model for fitting a 4-spring to the B33). Started first proper kick, ran smoothly and was a lot of fun.

So now both BSAs are back on the road! Also I’ve acquired another 2 wheeled beast (see pic, info here: https://ubco.co.nz/pages/2x2-electric-bike). The goal is to slow down my short commutes which the BSAs and the modern do not enjoy, and with the safety police endlessly lowering speed limits hopefully keep my licence a bit longer. It’s a lot of fun with good torque up to 30kph but speed locked at 50kph (I’ll work on that). With the 2 hub motors it’s a bit too easy to spin the front wheel  *eek*
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline Joolstacho

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2988 on: 03.09. 2023 05:30 »
Be interesting to know how the speed controller(s) regulate for the different size wheels. Or does one of them include a free wheel mechanism Like 4wd free wheel hub?

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2989 on: 03.09. 2023 09:40 »
[Rant]
Electric bicycles are becoming a curse here. There's a young man a few doors away who has a wizzo motorised 'bicycle'. It actually looks like a lightweight motorbike; it goes like stink so presumably has been deregulated. This lad, along with his mates, also on these motorbicycles think it's OK to ride on the footpath. Riders of these vehicles do not have to wear a helmet, they don't have number plates and no third party insurance.

I see many adults riding bicycles of all kinds on the footpath. This is supposed to be illegal.
[Rant off]
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Offline Catz

• A's Good Friend
« Reply #2990 on: 03.09. 2023 09:47 »
[Rant]
This is supposed to be illegal.
[Rant off]

And when they get caught by a copper they'll say why isn't the copper out there catching real criminals like robbers, rapists, drug dealers and the like. Boils my ***.
Crewe, Cheshire, England 1960 A10

Offline mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2991 on: 03.09. 2023 09:59 »
GB - here (NZ) electric bicycles are legally limited to 300w and i think are locked at 30kph. i don't like them as i think they should have brake lights and indicators - they travel at an 'in-between' speed that just gets in the way of everyone.
this thing is 2KW and classed as a moped, so you need a licence, have to wear a helmet, pay rego and have a number plate, which will reduce the footpath jumping larakin in me to some extent (tho it is temping...)

Jools - no idea about the controllers. its just a black box to me. but i'd like to find a way to jailbreak it

New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Procrastination is the thief of time!
« Reply #2992 on: 03.09. 2023 13:03 »
Don't want to make assumptions here, but I'm going to anyway.  Two teenage tearaways two-up on an electric bike flat out down a residential road with no headgear.  Police van follows.  Outcome = police driver faces criminal prosecution/gross misconduct investigation for dangerous driving and his colleague a gross misconduct charge.  The reason, these two toe-rags killed themselves for being idiots (the van was nowhere near them when the bike crashed).  Instant response by the scazza community is to 'look for the truth' from the police as to why their kids died and riots followed.

The truth is, my dear, is that these kids took on the risks and lost, although I'll concede it wasn't a good outcome for anyone.  I'm no fan of the Police, least of all traffic, but they didn't deserve to be scapegoated like this - hope they're cleared.
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
Yam FS1-E, YB100, RS100, RD200DX,250DX,350B, XS750
MZ250

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #2993 on: 03.09. 2023 20:21 »
i took betsy the beast on a thrash of 80 odd miles today [ worty you know how growly she gets when she's showing off  ;) ] all over the derbyshire dales , when i got back after being smoked by some yapanese space rockets my girlfriend kim brought this little fellow to my attention , an elephant hawk moth beast , it's that's time of year folks. thankyou for listening have a nice day and a few *beer*'ssss

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2994 on: 03.09. 2023 22:36 »
Ahh, wondered what the racket was, thought it was a plane coming in to Leeds/Bradford. *wink2* *whistle* *wink2* *beer*

Was out on the Kwaka in Scarborough yesterday - 186m of Yorkshire Moors roaming *smile* *smile*

My birthday tomorrow guys, probably the hottest I've ever had if the forecast is correct.
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #2995 on: 04.09. 2023 05:47 »
 *beer* Happy Birthday then, now it's tomorrow! 26° today here after about the first proper day of blue-skies summer yesterday, a bit belatedly
Bill

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2996 on: 04.09. 2023 09:52 »
Have a good birthday Worty 😘
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #2997 on: 04.09. 2023 10:54 »
G'day Worty.
Many Happy Hangovers M8.  *beer*
Done nothing on the bikes for a week or two. Just admire them every time I go in the shed.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Worty

• The drayman's friend!
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2998 on: 04.09. 2023 12:41 »
G'day Worty.
Many Happy Hangovers M8.  *beer*
Done nothing on the bikes for a week or two. Just admire them every time I go in the shed.
Cheers

Thanks chaps, chillin' big time with Sue and the boys out the house (son #2 starts his first, serious job today which means more rent to divert to bike bits and beer - don't tell Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Trouble is Musky, every time the sun shines I feel the road calling me - not today though, estimated to be up to 31C where we are.
Current Bikes😎
Kwaka W650
'61 Flash

Past Bikes👍
'49 B31
'59 BMW R60
MZ250

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #2999 on: 11.09. 2023 15:32 »
Getting ready for a week in Spain doing the annual Santander-based Vuelta thing, and thought I'd do some lighting upgrades on this year's victim machine after doing tyres, oils, chains, servicing the mag and dyn etc etc etc. Lights being compulsory in Spain  . . . 
So I ordered some Bright Eyes from Paul Goff (3 pairs in fact, in case I liked them).
I do like them.
Heck of an improvement in visibility, and worth an English tenner a pair I reckon.
Pic here is of them 'on' in the shed, with LED sidelight (only) also on, on one of my AMCs.
Bill