Author Topic: What have you done with your bike/s today?  (Read 130431 times)

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: What have you done with your bike/s today?
« Reply #1605 on: 13.04. 2021 22:38 »
ELECTRICKERY had got it infamy *problem* put the back light unit on and plugged in the block connecter and everything worked apart from the left indicator, so off with it all and onto the bench with a battery and tested it. everything worked *conf2* back onto the bike and no left indicator, got meter on it and got continuity on all the wires so plugged it in again and no left indicator *bash* off with it all and back on the bench -- haha no left indicator and the earth wire was suspect as it was just wrapped around a fixing on the bulb holder. out with the soldering iron and sorted. another bench test and it all worked. back on the bike NO LEFT INDICATOR!!! *problem* *bash* back on the bench and continuity and all working so went in for well earned cuppa and sandwich. back to bench and tested again NO LEFT INDICATOR! *pull hair out* >:D at this point I was thinking about throwing the towel in but had a *bright idea* I bridged the newly soldered earth wire and guess what??? yes it worked. all this time messing and there was a break in the 6inch length of earth wire that didn't have any signs of damage at all. it's a good job i'm not a sparky I would not be admitting to spending 4 hours on this little problem :o *doh*

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1606 on: 13.04. 2021 23:02 »
while writing that post Microsoft decided to invade my computer with its UPGRADE update thing and I lost it so had to do it again and forgot to mention when everything was fixed up on the bike everything worked --- for 1 minute *eek* the back left indicator was ok but the front one which hadn't given me any problems decided to pack up. you guessed it bad earth on that one as well so now sorted. I think i'm ready for a gallon of black&tans *beer*  thankyou for listening have a nice day.

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1607 on: 14.04. 2021 10:28 »
On my W10 box, I see a new button when I'm going for the power off button; says something like 'update then power down' .
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online mikeb

• Resident Legend
« Reply #1608 on: 14.04. 2021 11:57 »
Neil thats microsoft telling you to buy a modern and ride it in the slow lane. they've been watching you ride that a10 and big bill is not happy.

on topic - i got the b33 tank back with the mount repaired, so i'm only one weekend and one courier delivery away from having one working bsa again
New Zealand
'61 Super Rocket  - '47 B33 -  '21 Triumph Speed Triple RS

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1609 on: 15.04. 2021 00:27 »
greybeard I have had to be talked through a program of system restore to get some of my stuff back that wouldn't work after Microsoft so rudely interrupted  this steam age machine yesterday

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1610 on: 15.04. 2021 18:15 »
greybeard I have had to be talked through a program of system restore to get some of my stuff back that wouldn't work after Microsoft so rudely interrupted  this steam age machine yesterday
Such fun! 😕
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1611 on: 15.04. 2021 19:29 »
fed up!!!! started to bleed the front brakes on the yonda  and the master cylinder is leaking on the reservoir , replacement on order from david silver spares.---- double fed up!!!!! started to try and ease the throttle cable adjusters on the twist grip switch gear holder and the knurled locking rings disintegrated into ally oxide powder *bash* new cables on order which means carbs off AGAIN  [we know about that don't we musky ] .. triple fed up!!!!!! thought I had a gallon of engine oil for it but it turns out to be thickish stuff I use in the lawn mower and I had put in a 10 -40 container.-----  what have I completed on the yonda today?? scrounged some ATF for the front forks and put it in the forks. not tried them out yet the yonda is hanging from the roof on a lorry strap. I might end up trying the strap on myself *pull hair out*

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1612 on: 15.04. 2021 20:53 »
Presumably the petrol is stale so you can't set fire to it either?
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #1613 on: 15.04. 2021 21:24 »
I know what you mean berger. Had the rHonda carbs off again last night. #4 doesn't want to play, good spark, comp at 195 lbs (other 3 at 200 lbs). Cleaned out the pilot circuit three times now  *pull hair out*. Can't seem to get a good colour with the colortune on any of them but #4 is worse. Ordering new pilot jets one size smaller. She's been running fine with a stage 1 dynojet kit for years. CV carbs shouldn't be affected by altitude coming from sea level to 3000ft.
New jets arrived for the PWK carbs on the Cafe. Will wait till the rHonda is right to attack them. Then it's rebuild time for the 51 A7. Better get that heater for the shed.
Looks like the HD gets another outing this w/end.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1614 on: 15.04. 2021 22:20 »
haha RDfella  the tank is off and strap is on under the frame tubes, and that reminds me it needs a damn good clean out, nearly forgot about that job!

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1615 on: 15.04. 2021 23:04 »
Berger / Muskie

Reminded me of this

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Offline BigJim

• Resident Legend
  • Bristol. UK
« Reply #1616 on: 18.04. 2021 22:11 »
With the weather gods smiling and the bike running well it felt like time to exit the city and head for the coast. Feeling particularly kindly i allowed the better half to follow on the BMW. This also provides back up if something unfortunate occurs. Had a really grand day out to Weston via Clevedon. So many others had the same idea i was glad to be on a bike and filter/overtake rather than being stuck in a tin can. All went well and i was just resting in the 2nd photo and happened to admire the sheer volume of oil abandoning ship.
Jamie,  Supporter of Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1617 on: 18.04. 2021 22:20 »
jim come clean I think you just needed some kip

Online Greybeard

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1618 on: 18.04. 2021 22:45 »
They say that this is his best angle. All we know is, he's known as the BigJim
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star

Warwickshire UK

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #1619 on: 18.04. 2021 23:15 »
today a friend came to see me who I have known since I was about 5 years old and he sold me the bike in 1978. he wanted to hear her running so I checked she hadn't filled the crank case with oil after being stood for 5 months and all was good in that department. I had a few kicks and she tried to start but straight 50 oil doesn't help in a cold garage.  then he wanted to try and I had left the side stand down and didn't notice when he had an almighty jump on the kicker - lost balance and let the full weight of him and the bike break the lug on the side stand. I did get her started after a few more kicks but now need a part I didn't need. hence the post in wanted for sale *bash*