Author Topic: BSA Joe Hunt A65 Magneto kit, & 1967 BSA A65 Project bike, Oregon-Washington USA  (Read 435 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
$550 for Magneto setup-kit, $1800 for BSA A65 650cc lighting (or thunderbolt if you prefer), NEAR Portland Oregon, OR collect in person @ AMCA Regional meet in Tenino Washington Saturday.

#1) Full kit for a BSA A65 650cc twin, 1963-70, Has the timing cover for the BSA, Bolt kit, Maggie and gear inside to drive off stock BSA. Mag Cover has a small repair on the bakelite, serviceable but its like a Distributor cap so its something you replace from time to time anyway. (new ones in clear, brown and black available online) Not sure what year made, But this is the big maggie sits out the side of your motor.
Pros: Super duper race bike cool, Needs NO electrical system-self contained, faster you go the bigger the spark,
women will find you suddenly irresistible and other biker dudes will be always checking out your ride (Attention getter)
CONS: Sticks way the hell out there, DONT WRECK on that side!, No manual or auto advance-real men only apply (exciting to kick start) If you low rev or idle around town-this aint for you

There is a slot on the mount and to time it, you rotate back and forth, But other than that unless someone has some parts to modify it, once the timing is set, its set. So, more of a hardcore racer thing, but whatever floats your boat.
(Im selling this for a friend, best we know its ready to bolt on, but it came with a project bike so no idea of history, But these are SUPER SIMPLE to work on and all parts are still available) $550 firm but willing to make a package deal if you buy a project bike as well

#2) 1967 BSA A65 Lightning, 650cc Notarized Bill of sale and optional DMV Vin Inspection (Titles in my state will be issued with these 2 legal documents) If you need ME to title it for you, add $99.00
Bike came to me with a package deal. Never heard it run, but turns over, has compression, shifts thru gears. Some one painted the frame red, I bought it for the competition model wheels & brakes, I swapped those out for regular STOCK wheels & brakes (IE What you see is what you get.) It came without body work, but I am including a stock tank, seat and a repop set of side covers. So, its a core for a project. Nice start to a resto, custom, chopper,cafe or build a street tracker or desert sled out of it.
$1800 or, package it with the Maggie unit above and we can haggle over a deal on it.
I am throwing in as well : Factory parts manual shows each and every part on the bike with the numbers and HOW it fits together- MUST HAVE! AND a Factory Workshop manual.
***Note*** I have a BSA Thunderbolt cyl head as well, this is a single carb version and would be more suitable for a desert sled. I will include your choice of Amal concentric carbs and your choice of slides & Jets as well as a Amal rebuild kit to suit, However if you want a Mikuni or a JRC/PKW Flat slide I can work with you on it.
I also have some K&N type race filters.

Have you guys heard about Desert race Oregon??? Get your racer NOW! Race is in 2.5 months! You CAN do this!

Need parts for you build?? For buyers of project bikes I can supply you most anything you need to rebuild it, Gasket sets, rod bearings, main bearings, Oil seals, rings, pistons, valves, pipes etc,, ALL at well below retail price (Dealer cost or slightly above dealer cost- This makes it VERY affordable to build your dream machine)

(I also have some new and used race pipes if you want to go cafe or desert sled, also some trick catch pans and skid plates)

I will be at the AMCA regional meet this weekend as well, Just south of Olympia Washington, little town called Tenino. Sat Aug 18th

Stay tuned for pictures,
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.

Offline Sluggo

• Serial Hoarder, or Eccentric Collector depending on viewpoint
  • Resident Legend
Note, the maggie kit is for 1963-70 model A65 twins, However it can be run on a 1971-73 A65 twin as well with modifications.

The reason is, the 71-> and later had a different timing and intermediate cover as well as clutch cable set up.
Some guy on Jockey Journal posted his method of modifying parts to make it all work, or Cut and weld the covers to work, I can supply the Intermediate and timing covers to do this mod if you so desire. (in stock)

If you want to see how this is done, just do a websearch on BSA joe Hunt magneto and Jockey Journal or PM me  for more details.

See: https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55713
Remember that any advice received on a free internet forum is generally worth about 1/2 of what you paid for it.
We overcharge every 3rd customer to pass the savings onto you.
You can have High Quality, Low price, and fast turnaround. Pick any 2, Never all 3 at the same time.