Author Topic: new pump  (Read 1350 times)

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: new pump
« Reply #15 on: 08.10. 2018 22:57 »
hahaha that's good , the bit about japanese bikes, but try visiting bantam john *razz* *rant* *angry* {ARRRRHHHH} on a japanese bike to buy bits for your brit bike *fight* *bash* not a good idea as I have seen

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 09.10. 2018 09:34 »
Great observation RD.
There was me assuming that you were a Yamaha fiend from the eighty's, screaming up our village main road, two stroke howl and gone!
 *bash* *countdown* *bright idea*

Ditto
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 S/Arm Iron Head Flash Bitza

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #17 on: 09.10. 2018 10:33 »

berger-*bash*.... just because  *smile*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 09.10. 2018 10:52 »
As I understand it, this pump of unknown origin has a cast iron body, whilst the SRM one has an aluminium body. Assuming - and this is the operative word - that the materials and machining are of equal quality, then the cast iron pump will be best...

Great post!

Surely, (I know, 'Don't call me Shirly!') this price point has been arrived at because of the expensive SRM pump.

Most classic bike owners are in the same age group as me: Kids are grown up. The mortgage is paid off. I have more disposable income than at any other time in my life. Folks will pay for the new pump. Me and duTch bought a cast iron, (higher flow) pump from 'Bantam' John Phelan. As far as I remember it was about half the cost of SRM's pump. So far they've been very good. If John is still selling pumps I expect his prices will go up to match the price of this newcomer.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash