Author Topic: semiunit plunger A10 cases for sale  (Read 229 times)

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
semiunit plunger A10 cases for sale
« on: 14.12. 2018 01:00 »
I came across a set of bare bolt up A10 cases, incl gearbox on a local auction website that no one seemed to want. As these are getting hard to find; I bought them as we had a club member really struggle to find some a while back.
If anyone needs a set, the only case missing is the outer primary. feel free to PM me
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: semiunit plunger A10 cases for sale
« Reply #1 on: 16.12. 2018 19:49 »
I'm going to try and get these up to me by the new year and will post further details. Have had two PM's and yes will consider shipping to the US if not too prohibitive. Don't currently know year of or exact state of. But would be great to see them back on the road. NZ parts have often seen a hard life compared to the US stuff which is typically usually mint, so I expect to see some stripped threads. So don't get too excited. Would prefer to see them go into getting a bike back on the road rather than just become spares...
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: semiunit plunger A10 cases for sale
« Reply #2 on: 01.03. 2019 02:35 »
The cases are now in my possession so I've taken some pictures, they are a matching set BUT are typical NZ cases so have had a hard life and will need some repair.
Hopefully the pictures are self evident. I havent photographed the gearbox cases and assuming the engine is probably the main thing wanted. Its all available.
I had several PM's and happy to treat with priority as received if the members still interested.

My engineer is a very capable alloy welder if you need that dealing with

New Zealand