Author Topic: Lucas K2F mag bits wanted  (Read 1717 times)

Offline jamestkirk

• Active
Re: Lucas K2F mag bits.
« Reply #15 on: 17.01. 2019 19:19 »
Gentlemen, I have recently had a magneto converted from Auto to manual by a renown mag repairer called Tony Cooper of T.C.Transmissions of Halesowen, Birmingham. 0121 559 2405.Address 110 Olive Lane, Halesowen, West Midlands. B62 8LT ( He is old school and has not been converted to modern communications hence no email or website and welcomes payment by cheque ) If you are a member of  any British Classic bike club you will have seen his advert. He has also reproduced the auto advance unit should you need one.
Tony is extremely helpful and i am sure would sell you the parts required. Should you require your mag reconditioned then he has a 21 day turn around which is pretty good by other repairer standards. The cost of  my conversion and reconditioning ( which included replacement points end section, manual slip ring and cable holder and threaded end cap - I supplied the actual points base plate and points) post and package  was £270.00.  Obviously should you need just parts and happy to set it up yourself then costs would be lower. Hope this helps.James