Author Topic: Updated some 'stuff', please report anything special  (Read 337 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
  • N & F
    • BSA A10
Updated PHP (to 7.1), the 'machinery' that runs the forum software, should be fully compatible and nothing should break :O)

All looks well from here. Thanks.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Offline a10gf

• Wise & Enlightened
  • West Coast, Norway & Alpes Maritimes, France
    • A10 GF
Re: Updated some 'stuff', please report anything special
« Reply #1 on: 14.10. 2018 13:44 »
test

Norway & France, Alpes Maritimes. A10 GF '53 My A10 website
"Success only gets you a ticket to a more difficult problem"

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
  • N & F
    • BSA A10
« Reply #2 on: 14.10. 2018 13:53 »
Thanks for posting a 'like' for the 1st post, important to see the like system working ok.
"Sometimes I say things that are so highly intelligent that I do not understand a word of it"

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #3 on: 14.10. 2018 19:45 »
All look'n good this end of town.
Sunrise or sunset?
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
  • N & F
    • BSA A10
« Reply #4 on: 14.10. 2018 20:13 »
^^^ test upload of picture, sunset west of Bergen a few days ago, one of the few moments for ages without storm and rain !

Offline a

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 15.10. 2018 04:12 »
Looks the goods and seems to be all working fine..
Thanks to admin for the countless hours that go in keeping the gears greased  *smile*

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 15.10. 2018 06:03 »

Nothing seems to have changed, but I've intended for a while to ask about the manner in which seemingly identical or at least similar attachments/photos open in different formats...ie;-
sometimes they open as a new Window,
Sometimes  as a new Tab
Sometimes as a slight enlargement,
sometimes as a hell-big Enlargement,
sometimes as a 'Open with'/'Save as' .....and maybe other variations that I've been trying to dechipher  *conf2*

? , but a job well done
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
  • N & F
    • BSA A10
« Reply #7 on: 15.10. 2018 13:02 »
^^^^ will try to answer.

The original size of pictures is kept intact when uploaded to the forum, clicking the thumbnail link will load the original picture as it was posted, small or big. Attachment info text (see attachment below) will give a good idea about what will happen when clicking on a thumbnail.

- There is a set picture maxsize that will open inside the boundaries of the original post.

- Above that set size they will open in a new browser window (browser variations\settings\randomness may show either the 100% picture, or contain it within the screen resolution limits of the pc and one must click with the mouse on it to get the full size.

- A very small picture may only be marginally different in size than the thumbnail, so when it opens it may look nearly like the thumbnail.

- The "open with" is 'something happening' on the local pc \ browser, not automatically recognizing a file\picture\document type, thus asking what to do with it. For example, .jpg may open directly, .png may need "open with" because the file type is not associated with a program on some particular pc.

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #8 on: 15.10. 2018 18:07 »

ok, got it- with a side-dish of mud...I'm on a Macbook, so maybe that affects things too  *conf2*
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Valued Contributor
  • N & F
    • BSA A10
« Reply #9 on: 17.10. 2018 13:48 »
All very stable, logs very happy, think I now can stop taking valium, and call it a day  *smile*