Author Topic: 1961 Bsa A7 For Sale SOLD  (Read 614 times)

Offline geoff

• Active
1961 Bsa A7 For Sale SOLD
« on: 16.02. 2019 12:15 »
This A7 I'm selling I inherited from my elderly father but it is too heavy for me to manhandle as I've had spinal surgery hence the sale.

It was purchased as a good running bike from the classic bike dealers on the Llandow trading estate and was ridden the ten miles home without any drama after which it was placed in his garage and became an object of admiration - he was too old to ride a bike and just wanted it to look at it and polish occasionally as a sop to younger memories. Going by the expired tax disc the bike has been standing since 2008 / 09

When I got the bike this year I drained the sump - oil and strainer nice and clean and then drained and cleaned the oil tank again nice and clean with no sludge or muck. Other than this I've done nothing to it as it is too heavy for me.

I've not tried to start the bike so cannot comment on how it runs sorry, all I can say is that it looks in decent cosmetic order and is all there and was driven home from the dealership. If you are interested please ask questions and look at the photographs, you are welcome to view if course. The bike is located 20 miles west of Cardiff just off the motorway.

Selling for £3250

Offline harvey mushman

• A's Good Friend
Re: 1961 Bsa A7 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: 16.02. 2019 17:13 »
it looks a nice honest bike to me at a good price too.

*smiley4*

(no connection to seller btw)

Offline A10 JWO

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 16.02. 2019 17:23 »
I would say it's too cheap. I would ebay with a £3,999 reserve. Good luck it looks nice.

Offline geoff

• Active
« Reply #3 on: 17.02. 2019 09:07 »

Thanks both for the replies, yes it is very much priced to sell and this reflects the fact it has sat around.

I don't really have the time at the moment to go and recommission it, as I said in the intro post I inherited the bike and am in the middle of dealing with all my fathers affairs and whilst these are relatively straigthforward it follows hot on the heels of my brother dying ( two months earlier ) so I've got my hands full with that as well.

Thats just the way of the world I suppose and I'm fairly philosophical about it all, at least the sale will be easy and the new owner should be happy for sure.

I have since posting the advert here placed the bike on eBay and have been inundated with enquiries and cash offers so am taking the list from the top down, a gentleman is coming to see the bike on Monday, he is very keen I suspect it will be gone the same day.

Offline geoff

• Active
« Reply #4 on: 18.02. 2019 15:51 »

The bike has now been sold and collected, winging its way up near Birmingham.

Offline kiwipom

• Resident Legend
Re: 1961 Bsa A7 For Sale SOLD
« Reply #5 on: 18.02. 2019 19:34 »
hi Geoff, back to where it started life, cheers
A10.G.Flash(cafe racer)Honda 250 vtr. Yamaha Virago XV920.

War! what is it good for?Absolutely nothing, Edwin Star.
NewZealand