Author Topic: What prevented you from working on your bikes today  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Seabee

• A's Best Friend
  • 1957 Road Rocket
Re: What prevented you from working on your bikes today
« Reply #330 on: 24.08. 2020 19:01 »
G'day Fellas.
After going to the dentist and getting my last 3 bottom teef dug out I needed something to take my mind off it.
I made up an adjustable fuel tank stand to be able to run a bike without the tank on. A lot better than a piece of hose and funnel. Just an old plastic tank off a Chinese mini bike. Height adjustable for a bike on the ground or up on the bench and portable. Also a brass fitting to attach either 1/4, 5/16 or 3/8 hose depending on the bike.
The wife got a new blender so everything I eat for the next 4 to 6 weeks will go through that before I get a bottom plate. Good job I luv porridge in the morning.
Cheers

Looks like you are re-establishing your BSA maintenance/repair operations after all you've been through. Very glad to see that...……...
Good Advice
No reactions
1961 Super Rocket
1957 Road Rocket
2009 Harley Electra Glide Classic
1993 Harley Springer Softtail
1970 Harley Sportster Chopper
1957 Harley Panhead Chopper
1982 Yamaha XT550
2001 KTM EXC 400
1970 Honda CT70
Southern Illinois, USA

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #331 on: 24.08. 2020 19:58 »
I just watched two episodes of 'Allo Allo'. In which, Renne Artois, the French cafe owner exclaims, "Oh eck!"
Listen very carefully I shall only say zis once. You really shouldn’t make fun of a ‘ero  of ze french resistance GB...  *smile*
I wonder what other Europeans think of that comedy.
*wink2* “Allo Allo” and “Dad’s Army”. And I can come up with a couple of other ones too if you like. But then again, when it comes to comedy we Flemish are half British. Think you never realised how much we love you guys over here...  *whistle* ... don’t use the B word *shh*
Though for as far as I know, they only ran the series on Belgian Flemish television and in Holland on Dutch television.
There are so many English language jokes. How could you translate that comedy into other languages? The idiot policeman Crabtree who hilariously mispronounces French, (in English of course) For instance, "Good moaning" and "The German bummers are going to start bumming tonight"
Good Advice
No reactions

Offline morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #332 on: 24.08. 2020 20:42 »
There are so many English language jokes. How could you translate that comedy into other languages? The idiot policeman Crabtree who hilariously mispronounces French, (in English of course) For instance, "Good moaning" and "The German bummers are going to start bumming tonight"
Well that's a long story but in short, all these comedy series are broadcasted English spoken but subtitled in Dutch and we have some really good and witty translators over here. After a while you start picking up the finesses of the language and there you go.
Ever since I was a kid we watched these series like Some Mothers Do Have 'em, Ain't Half Hot Mum, Dad's Army, Porridge, and later we went up a gear with Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers and the like. And not to mention The Two Ronnie's, The Fast Show, Little Britain (now that was an eyeopener) *smile* and I'm forgetting half of them like Open All Hours, Only Fools And Horses etc... FUNNY!  *yeah*
Good Advice
No reactions
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium

Offline muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
« Reply #333 on: 24.08. 2020 22:06 »
G'day Fellas.
Thanks Seabee. Getting there slowly. Yesterday after scrubbing in the new tyres on the HD (finally stopped rain/snowing) I got a call from Hare & Forbes. 2 hour drive each way to pick up my new 20T press and parts washer. Just waiting on the lathe and my workshop will be complete (yer right). Fun today putting them together.
Cheers
Good Advice
No reactions
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR,  '83 CB1100F, 88 FXST .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
« Reply #334 on: 25.08. 2020 05:25 »
working from home during covid, luckily my home office has distractions, here I am busy on a work zoom call. this is up in a loft. under the rug are the trapdoors to the garage. so can always find time for the odd distraction
Good Advice
No reactions
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline Butch (cb)

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #335 on: 25.08. 2020 08:56 »
I just watched two episodes of 'Allo Allo'. In which, Renne Artois, the French cafe owner exclaims, "Oh eck!"
Listen very carefully I shall only say zis once. You really shouldn’t make fun of a ‘ero  of ze french resistance GB...  *smile*
I wonder what other Europeans think of that comedy.

I don't think we're allowed to watch - 'It ain't 'alf 'ot Mum' now though.
Good Advice
No reactions
Warning - observations made by this member have a 93% unreliability rating.

Of Bikes; various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza