Author Topic: A10 polychromatic beige paint  (Read 2659 times)

Offline rajclassicbiker

• Moving Up
Re: A10 polychromatic beige paint
« Reply #30 on: 29.05. 2019 10:41 »
Thanks I will do my best to avoid it !

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #31 on: 30.05. 2019 11:10 »
I can only comment that this stuff isn't worth a damn;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004SMP6QE?ref_=pe_3187911_248764861_302_E_DDE_dt_1

So what on Amazon is worth buying ?
All too easy to import a container load or trash from a third world country, pay a web designer in India £ 50 to make you a web page that looks like you ar a big well established company, get Amazon to warehouse & distribute your junk then close down as soon as the lot is sold an by preference before your tax is due
The last place I contracted to used to rent out spare warehouse bays to ebay vendors .
All of them very shady characters and most selling counterfeit goods.
Some were even so dodgy we would not pick their product till they had paid the picking & postage & the payment was confirmed.

So amazon is not on my shopping list and this is even before the fact that they record every thing you look at, every thing you buy, your credit card details , your address and sell all of this data to anyone & every one who will stump up the cash and that is before the hackers breaking into their data base trying to steal the said same information.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Offline rajclassicbiker

• Moving Up
« Reply #32 on: 30.05. 2019 11:14 »
You pretty much sum up our worst fears ! It feels like a race to the bottom of the s...heap .

Offline jonny web

• Moving Up
« Reply #33 on: 23.05. 2021 19:25 »
i thought i d stick my oar in here too.
I m building a 51 golden flash and intend to get it as close as i can to original spec. i found some original paint on the front mudguard stay and think i can mix gold and silver hammerite to a fairly close shade, a cheap and easy solution, and when it starts to chip and fade and run with petrol, well so much the better as the engine wont get polished either. What do you think ?
i tried this by the way and it didnt work, much too much metallic, whereas polychromatic beige is just that...beige. I have a feeling MB champagne may be a good match and will try and find a colour swatch