Author Topic: a10 kickstart not returning properly  (Read 632 times)

Offline rajclassicbiker

• Moving Up
a10 kickstart not returning properly
« on: 29.05. 2019 10:39 »
Hi, Before I get too carried away looking for the problem I thought it would be a good idea to ask first for some advice . Basically my 53 plunger has an annoying problem in that the kickstart can lock up after kicking so ( assuming it has'nt fired ) I have to pop it in gear rock back and forth and then we are good to go again - a bit of a performance !! Someone told me it could be that as the bike has done less than 100 miles since the gearbox was rebuilt it might correct itself and is nothing to get worried about . Any ideas would be much appreciated . Cheers Raj

ironhead

Re: a10 kickstart not returning properly
« Reply #1 on: 29.05. 2019 10:58 »
"They all do that sir". This subject was covered only a few days ago in this section if I remember correctly.
( memory's not what it used to be though)

Online Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 29.05. 2019 11:25 »
Nothing wrong with your memory, it was Raj himself who asked the same question  on May 25. This is a good sign as it demonstrates he is now showing signs of the full blown A10 affliction. Search back a bit Raj, a suggested answer is there.

Regards to you both.

Swarfy.

Online morris

• Wise & Enlightened
  • Antwerp, Belgium
« Reply #3 on: 29.05. 2019 15:29 »
Had a similar issue recently after changing the inner cover. When the screws where not fully tight it worked fine but after tightening completely, the kickstarter jammed at the bottom. Solved it by polishing the quadrant shaft with some 400 grade. Think it was just that the hole in the replacement inner cover was a tad bit tighter than the old one.
'58 BSA A 10 SA
'52 BSA A 10 Plunger
'55 MORRIS ISIS
The world looks better from a motorbike
Belgium