Author Topic: total pressure plate lift  (Read 1412 times)

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: total pressure plate lift
« Reply #15 on: 28.06. 2019 14:00 »
errr weird it seems like the quadrant isn't in the exact correct place, I had so much fun with a rrt2 and even though it looked right it wasn't , even some std boxes need careful attention to get gear change correct

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 28.06. 2019 14:05 »

My first thought is if the bush in behind layshaft first gear (between 'F' an 'H' gears)...?  Very important
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #17 on: 28.06. 2019 14:15 »
dutch do you mean the hardened steel washer? and if missing excess end float-- pub time *beer*

Offline duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #18 on: 28.06. 2019 22:37 »

dutch do you mean the hardened steel washer? and if missing excess end float-- pub time *beer*

Yep- something like that and then bang.......even if it is in there, the chamfer on the ID needs to face the 'F' gear

Keeping in mind this is only a thought *idea*, and maybe totally irrelevant but worth checking (I think it can be done by just removing the out cover and biscuit, without touching clutch side )
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Offline coater87

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 25.07. 2019 00:40 »
 OK,

Got to go for a long ride today.

Gearbox is absolutely perfect until 20-25 miles.

Than here are the things that change.

No "snick" going from 3rd to 4th, its absolutely silent and there is no feel to it in the foot change at all.

I get a false neutral between 3rd and 2nd.

It becomes easier to find the real neutral than to find second,on the way down it wants to skip right over 2nd gear.

Starting out in first, neutral becomes a gear according to the foot lever. So shift down to neutral, than shift down again to get to second.

There is no more crunching, which is 100% better and I am happy as can be. The bike is 100% drive able as is, just the weirdness when hot.

I am going to blame all my problems on 80% clutch cable (cheap and stretching), 10% on dragging plates, and the last 10%- all I can think is as the bike gets hot I am losing clearance somewhere.

Lee

Central Wisconsin in the U.S.