Author Topic: Remove clutch backing plate and bearing carrier (Novice a10 boo boo)  (Read 571 times)

Offline Daveh67

• Passion or sickness......
  • Moving Up
I pulled what i thought was all of the clutch when i undid the main nut. But the backing place and bearing carrier stayed behind.

So that i dont get the big levers and hammers out im shouting out for advice to remove this remaining part.
See atrached photo. Appologies for the pic quality. Having trouble getting pic to right size to upload

Dave
1960 A10 the new toy
1930 AJS R6 outfit
1932 AJS TB6
B40 special racer

Offline RDfella

• Wise & Enlightened
That bearing will slide off if prised gently
'49 B31, '49 M21, '53 DOT, '58 Flash, '62 Flash special, '00 Firestorm, Weslake sprint bike.

Offline Daveh67

• Passion or sickness......
  • Moving Up
Needing to get the backing plate off the splines. Looks to be a spline screwed onto gearbox shaft. I dont want to force anyting. If it was an early ajs i would know every nut and bolt.
1960 A10 the new toy
1930 AJS R6 outfit
1932 AJS TB6
B40 special racer

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
you will need a puller if that is a swing arm engine, the mainshaft has a taper for that bearing carrier and they can be difficult to get off, you might find the bearing will slide off as RD says but they are delicate. you might loosen the centre with a short sharp shock with 440 volts -- na only joking --- with a copper hammer or something similar

Offline Topdad

• bob hebdon
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • l
My personal  pet hate in sight , if you are looking for an easier time clutch wise consider changing the one you have for  a 4 spring tri/basa one ,I think you'd need an adaptor to but WILL save lots of headaches and f fin and blinding .
" rules are made for the guidance of wise men and the blind obediance of fools"
United Kingdom