Author Topic: Super Flash Clutch  (Read 547 times)

Offline RobJ

• Active
Super Flash Clutch
« on: 09.09. 2019 10:13 »
Can someone tell me if a complete Super Flash clutch together with the engine sprocket will fit onto my 1959 A10 swinging arm gearbox/engine?

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Super Flash Clutch
« Reply #1 on: 09.09. 2019 10:23 »
G'day Rob  *welcome*
The g/box mainshaft is different. Splined in the semi unit plunger and taper in the swing arm.
I haven't done it but the splined m/s can be put into the s/a gearbox.
Cheers.

Now get over to Introductions and quench our curiosity. https://www.a7a10.net/forum/index.php?board=13.0
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Super Flash Clutch
« Reply #2 on: 09.09. 2019 19:30 »
If it really is a Super Flash clutch you are a lucky man, even luckier if it comes with the triplex chain and matching crank sprocket. It may fit a S/A bike with the aid of a a new, longer chain and the splined gearbox input shaft from a Plunger box to match the splined centre. The shaft will fit, but chain alignment may be a problem. Bear in mind that with triple teeth, it could actually be a common A65 clutch, with a tapered  centre and built in cush drive, but even if it is genuine Super Flash, leave it for later and get a running bike using standard parts...its not worth the hassle, the clutch for your bike is considered to be almost reasonable when set up correctly.

Swarfy.