Author Topic: My A10 for sale-  (Read 1389 times)

Offline dodmo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
  • Moving Up
Re: My A10 for sale-
« Reply #15 on: 26.10. 2019 10:20 »
I feel that if you ask for a sizeable paypal deposit within 24 hours. It means that  the highest bidder  has to commit promptly. If not, the seller, is free to declare  the listing incomplete and relist. If they pay the deposit the seller is covered for eBay fees and  other costs. If you combine this with collection within a set period. It  helps protect you from time wasters.
Dod

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #16 on: 26.10. 2019 12:03 »
Yep, for most people that might seem a sensible way to go, but without wishing to labour the point you can't issue the buyer with an invoice other than for the full selling price, and he can't pay you any less than the full selling price through the Paypal system.
When I bought the Panther earlier on this year I thought the seller had a bloody brass neck asking for a Paypal deposit and the rest via bank transfer/cash (via the bike courier) etc. He sold his bike now pay the fees, and stop trying seeming endless wangles to save thirty quid, all of which benefit the seller not the buyer.

Offline dodmo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
  • Moving Up
« Reply #17 on: 26.10. 2019 13:10 »
Ah! I think I  get it now.
I've got a business PayPal  account so invoicing is no problem for me.
Sorry for the confusion.
Regards
Dod

Offline dodmo

• Aberdeen, Scotland
  • Moving Up
« Reply #18 on: 26.10. 2019 13:35 »
I thought the seller had a bloody brass neck asking for a Paypal deposit and the rest via bank transfer/cash (via the bike courier) etc. He sold his bike now pay the fees, and stop trying seeming endless wangles to save thirty quid, all of which benefit the seller not the buyer.

An alternative point of view might be if you don't like the terms and conditions don't bid on the item.
For me the deposit is about making sure the buyer is committed. Cash on collection is the deal. how the buyer collects / settles up is his business.
One of my first sales was a Volvo 240, (complete for spares). I basically just wanted rid of it so put a very low starting price.
The buyer got a bargain, paid with PayPal, and then never turned up to collect it so I was left for months with a car which legally belonged to someone else blocking my driveway. 

Cheers
Dod

Online Rex

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #19 on: 27.10. 2019 08:22 »
Your point about not bidding is fair enough, but then the seller has specified a condition of sale that the vast majority of Paypal users can't abide by. It doesn't benefit the buyer or seller if the bike doesn't get sold.