Author Topic: My BSA A10 has a 9 page spread in Classic Bike magazine! This forum mentioned!  (Read 824 times)

Online Angus

• Suffolk, UK
  • Valued Contributor
  • The A7
Musky, yep still have her and she is used by my son and myself she rides nice and I would have to have a good reason to sell her now.
Dutch Mb Transits emphasised in the listing he did not want to break her, as he like me thought she was a bit special, had her over 6 year now (time goes to fast).
T20Racerman I had read the article in the mag before you posted and wondered which member it was. A long time keeper like my A7  *smile*
JulianS Is that the bike in your profile picture, if so ever think of returning her to blue ?

So just need to find the A7SS from the super profile book, SBT788 not taxed sine the 1985 one year after the book was published and the super rocket from the BSA twins A7-A10 gold portfolio  URD284 currently SORN.
1961 A7 since 1976
1960 A10 Gold Flash Super Profile Bike
1958 Matchless G80 Project
1952 Norton Model 7 Plunger (becoming a project)

Offline t20racerman

• A's Best Friend
  • Keep it nailed!
    • The T20 'Super Six' Suzuki website
whats your front brake/front end setup t20?

It is an early GT750J 4LS hub, with race linings. Forks are also GT750J ones, fitted into A10 yokes. Took a bit of doing as BSA top yoke is a taper fitting, Suzuki forks are clamp bolt type. Also, the hub and fork spacing was much wider than the BSA forks, so a lot of milling and turning was required. Worth it though - it handles and brakes like a modern bike. 😊
1961 A10 - somewhat modified :-)
1980 TZ350 - lunatic Classic Race machine
1967 T20 Suzuki - heavily modified Classic Racer
1967 T20 Suzuki - pretty standard road bike
2007 KTM 660 SMC - fast and furious supermoto
Triumph 675 Speed triple
Ossa 250 and yet another T20 racer in bits both being built up

"If I had all the money back that I've spent on motorcycles... I'd spend it all on motorcycles!"

Online berger

• Resident Legend
  • keith from chesterfield 500ss cafe morris 8
Triton Thrasher referring to the Avon DEATHMASTERS I once had them on my bike and the front end never felt safe *eek*. the front was a ribbed and back was the SM mk 2. took them off and fitted TT100's then the fun started *woo*

Online BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
whats your front brake/front end setup t20?

Looks like GT550/750J

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone claim an Avon Speedmaster is better or safer than a Dunlop TT100, until now.

If they did then they would be wrong

That would depend upon where the TT100 was made.
They were standard fitting on a lot of rice burners and for them the tyre was made in Japan from black concrete
The Irish ones were the softest and stickiest and is what the hysteric racers run on down here.
IT was also made in France & Indonesia .
So you ust alwys fing out where the shop is getting the tyres from
Some of them are really good and others are only safe in the dry.
Bike Beesa
Trevor

Online berger

• Resident Legend
Whaaaaaat!! china don't make TT100s *pull hair out* -------------- never rate. mine are French and are pretty good , having said that I haven't got the nerve to scrape the wheel spindles anymore *eek*

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
Hi All,
The Irish ones were the softest and stickiest and is what the hysteric racers run on down here.

The Irish Dunlop plant closed in 1983 so those tyres must well old  *eek*
Unless the moulds went somewhere else???

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Online berger

• Resident Legend
unless the moulds went somewhere else, mmmm china and there still waiting for a rubber harvest *whistle*

Online duTch

• Ricketty Rocketty Golden Flashback
  • Wise & Enlightened

......, mmmm china and there still waiting for a rubber harvest *whistle*.....

Running a bit off topic now, but I'll just say they probably waiting for suitable trees to produce suitable seed for planting a crop in China...
Started building in about 1977/8 a on average '52 A10 -built from bits 'n pieces never resto intended -maybe 'personalised'
Have a '74 850T Moto Guzzi since '92-best thing I ever bought doesn't need a kickstart 'cos it bump starts sooooooooo(mostly) easy
Australia

Online Black Sheep

• Resident Legend
    • Where black sheep live
I find Speedmaster and SM Mk II better in the wet than TT100s. The near triangular profile of the TT100s means that once you get a bit of wear off the middle (after all, 99% of your riding is bolt upright) means that at modest angles of lean in the wet you are left with with a knife edge contact patch wot is 'orrible and skittery.
The Speedmaster and SM MkII are just fine for normal, footrest scraping everyday use. TT100s are fine on the racetrack though. 
2 twins, 2 singles, lots of sheep

Online Ted_Flash

• Moving Up
The Haynes cover bike was my A10 in its 1980 form. Photographed at the Haynes factory in mid 1980.

It was not the bike they dismantled.

TLS fitted in 1976 so it would stop safely and the Bosch headlamp fitted so I could see in the dark.

Here's a scan of the (scuffed) cover of my 1973 Haynes manual.  Is this the same bike? The rear carrier looks the same, but it has goldie silencers and looks like an ally head. The bike they dismantled in the 73 edition had a number plate beginning WKG
Ted Wilkinson, Ramsbottom, Lancashire
1950 Golden Flash

Offline cyclobutch

• Wise & Enlightened
Anyway, I read the article last night and very much enjoyed it.
Various, including ...
'58 Iron Head Flash Bitza

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
I bought the magazine. Great read!

Offline BrianS

• A's Best Friend
Congrats!

A mate gave me the heads up as he had seen the mag in Tesco. I found that I could buy online and get it through the letterbox for £4.40 - cheaper than from Tesco's mag rack.

https://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/classic-bike-magazine?utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_content=orderackemail&utm_campaign=Order_Ack_Email_Upsell

I can't immediately find the link to buy the single copy but its there somewhere!

Brian
1955 BSA A10 Golden Flash
Exeter, Devon, UK

Offline t20racerman

• A's Best Friend
  • Keep it nailed!
    • The T20 'Super Six' Suzuki website
Glad you enjoyed the magazine article folks - and although I thought my mods and non-std bits would cause some discussion, I didn;t expect most of it to revolve around the front tyre!

For the record, I have no problem with the tyre - I ride hard (I've raced Classics for 10 years), brake hard (obvs, with that brake) and ride in all kinds of conditions. Not had the front let go on me yet, just the odd twitch now and again at worst.
1961 A10 - somewhat modified :-)
1980 TZ350 - lunatic Classic Race machine
1967 T20 Suzuki - heavily modified Classic Racer
1967 T20 Suzuki - pretty standard road bike
2007 KTM 660 SMC - fast and furious supermoto
Triumph 675 Speed triple
Ossa 250 and yet another T20 racer in bits both being built up

"If I had all the money back that I've spent on motorcycles... I'd spend it all on motorcycles!"

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lake Conjola NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
G'day t20.
I still haven't seen the mag in my local shop. So I went to buy it for download. Well wasted an hour and paid $7.50 only to be given the runaround by greatmagazines.co.uk wanting to install apps and google play, all with adverts and tracking. All shite I don't want. Just like to download like I do with videos from Duke. There's no email address only a UK phone # on their site to get answers.
I'll have to wait till I see it on a waiting room table or in someones shitter
Sorry mate, rant over.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS now A10CR, '76 XT500, '77 AG175 '83 CB1100F, '81 CB900F project.
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7