Author Topic: Correct Brake and Clutch Levers for 55 Shooting Star  (Read 323 times)

Offline mr_tench

• Active
Hi,
I want to replace the control levers on my 55 A7SS (diver's helmet shroud and Ariel type hubs) with ones that are as close as possible to those originally fitted. At the moment they are what I call Triumph type with a slotted adjuster screw and locking wheel/nut but there is plenty of adjustment available at the brake hub and gearbox end.
Did BSA fit Doherty, Amal or some other obscure supplier and what is the pivot offset 7/8" or 1 1/16". Can anyone suggest where I might get a pair.
Thanks,
Roy

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Correct Brake and Clutch Levers for 55 Shooting Star
« Reply #1 on: 29.10. 2019 18:38 »
Hi,
I want to replace the control levers on my 55 A7SS (diver's helmet shroud and Ariel type hubs) with ones that are as close as possible to those originally fitted. At the moment they are what I call Triumph type with a slotted adjuster screw and locking wheel/nut but there is plenty of adjustment available at the brake hub and gearbox end.
Did BSA fit Doherty, Amal or some other obscure supplier and what is the pivot offset 7/8" or 1 1/16". Can anyone suggest where I might get a pair.
Thanks,
Roy
My bike is from 1955. The original levers have a switch attached. Cutout on one lever and light dipper and horn button on the other, (from memory). There are no adjusters on the levers. I changed my rusty original levers for generic chrome levers, with no adjusters.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Online scotty

• Resident Legend
Re: Correct Brake and Clutch Levers for 55 Shooting Star
« Reply #2 on: 29.10. 2019 18:52 »
Mr Tench
Mine are 7/8 clamp
Plain end with no adjusters