Author Topic: A7 Shooting Star Piston Set  (Read 699 times)

Online Terryb

• A's Good Friend
A7 Shooting Star Piston Set
« on: 01.12. 2019 15:19 »
Hi All,

Can anybody tell me where I can buy a set of +40 Pistons & Rings from in the UK? I think the part number is 67-1562 but I'm not sure as I can't find any plus size part numbers in the parts book.

Thank Terryb

Online Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: A7 Shooting Star Piston Set
« Reply #1 on: 01.12. 2019 19:49 »
Have a look on the ever popular Draganfly and F W Thornton websites. These will give you a feel for the asking price of new stock. As a cheapskate, eBay would be my choice, genuine old stock AE/Hepolite would be the chosen brand, as modern day Hepolite marketed by Wassell still get  a mixed reception. Here only the brand name is the same, product quality and function variable according to Forum experience.

Swarfy.

Offline Slymo

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 02.12. 2019 00:55 »
There is a lot of stuff posing on Ebay as NOS which is infact brand new and sub par. If you can source them I'd go for a set of Gandini (GPM) pistons and rings. They have worked well in a couple of machines and the rings are excellent at bedding in.
NZ

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #3 on: 02.12. 2019 11:49 »
I have still not gone to the pub *eek* *eek*, I have never used Gandini pistons but in my personal opinion the piston in one way is only a carrier for the rings and Gandini rings from my experience after suffering so much trouble with other rings are EXCELLENT!! *good3*