Author Topic: The Three Amigos  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
Re: The Three Amigos
« Reply #30 on: 12.01. 2020 06:04 »
A much needed rest stop. Cold water never more welcome.

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #31 on: 12.01. 2020 06:06 »
Red Hill is the lookout across lake Lefroy in Kambalda. Here lies on of the worlds richest nickel deposits, (so keep replating your bikes fellas). Note the bowed heads, and the 3 amigo’s still going strong. Forum members must salute our senior mate “Peter in Aus” who completed the event in fine style.   Also note the changing Mood of the lake in the photos. Dry Salt lake of course for those hoping for water!
We return the 36 miles North to Kalgoorlie. Richard’s workshop has never looked so good !

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #32 on: 12.01. 2020 06:07 »
and

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #33 on: 12.01. 2020 06:18 »
And then, sooner that it began, its all done. All that remains are fabulous memories, a deep desire to get into the next time this event is run, and an even deeper thankyou to Orabanda and his team for putting together such as massive event. He’s the kind of bloke who does things like this for others to his own neglect. A highly admirable “fault” for want of a better word. Thanks Richard.

Online orabanda

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #34 on: 12.01. 2020 06:30 »
Gavin,
BRAVO; well put together!!
I have been so busy since the event, have not had the time to put in all the work you have done.

To all forum members; you are all welcome to attend next year if you can make it (or get to Perth for starters).

there are probably two spare bikes we could russel up if necessary.

However, to Musky I have an invitation.

If you can get to Perth next year, I have a bike (or two) for you; we will look after the rest.

Richard.

Offline Peter in Aus

• Valued Contributor
  • South West, West Australia
« Reply #35 on: 12.01. 2020 06:54 »
Yes Thanks Gavin, well done *wink2*
And thanks to Richard and his wife for all the hard work he put in to make the ride one of the best rides I have been on *beer*
Peter

Busselton West Australia
49 A7 longstroke
58 A10  SA

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #36 on: 12.01. 2020 10:29 »
Great fun
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #37 on: 12.01. 2020 15:05 »
Former Days
We paused at the Ora Banda cemetery, photos speak for themselves, the last shot is a tribute to the mateship surrounding a Norton which after the cemetery decided to give up the ghost. (A new rotor and stator plate will see it rise to its former glory again)

Died of "Old Age" at 72. I'm in trouble.

Offline RichardL

• Outside Chicago, IL
  • Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #38 on: 12.01. 2020 15:09 »
Trying to figure out the clothing law. Are you required to wear a heavy long-sleeve jacket? If so, no wonder the focus is on the heat. Kind'a kills evapoative cooling.

Richard L.

Offline Gavin

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #39 on: 14.01. 2020 14:28 »
As far as i know clothing law is down to a helmet. (But some of us are a lil shy so we kit up a bit moreso.) however seriously, when you look at the riders my guess is that the average age would be 60 plus a fair bit. so yep we tend toward the full jacket, plus Kevalar dacks, boots, gloves etc.  mainly to protect us from snake bite if we have an off... but drifting back more seriously again, Jackets are surprisingly cool, when the winter layer is removed. Besides, the sun and windburn on bare arms / shoulders would be horrific over several hours in our summer climate. add to this the joy of road train traffic (imagine a semi with 3 trailers either coming at you or overaking you at 110km, which can generate a massive wind vortex) and road surfaces that, should one be unfortunate enough to have a spill,  are akin to stopping your belt sander by turning it upside down n sitting on it in your shorts... n yep, we tend to dress to survive. hope that helps.