Author Topic: Valve guides  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Fergie

• Moving Up
Re: Valve guides
« Reply #15 on: 18.03. 2020 23:42 »

As to the benefits of fitting seals, I have them on my SR since I built it so probably 30k miles,
oil consumption is negligible and carburaution improves as air is not drawn down the guides

John
(haven't forgotten the stand lug drawing)

Thanks for the info John. Good site and i have kept a note of it.

Your post has confirmed my thinking on the benefits of oil seals. I have ordered a few from SRM to fit on my rebuild and other heads i have to work on when i get the chance.

Don't know if you are having any trouble getting parts from the UK lately through Flea bay. My Super Rocket valves and a few other bits have disappeared in the post.  *angry*
In fairness to the guys they have reposted with no bother.  *smile*

I had a delivery on a pair of A7 SS crankcases from a well know dealer on Monday. They were very dirty and looked exactly like the pictures on Flea bay. However, when i put them in the parts washer there was a bloody big hole filled up with car body filler. I rang the shop and they were a bit disbelieving until i sent them on photos of the hole. They did a refund the same day which was good.
I was thinking of recommending them to visit Specsavers.  *lol*

Regards, Fergus.

Offline Fergie

• Moving Up
Re: Valve guides
« Reply #16 on: 18.03. 2020 23:47 »
Regret no dimensions.

No worry Julian. I was being lazy, thinking i might have no working out to do re dimensions.  *whistle*

Regards, Fergus.