Author Topic: Oil filter on 61 GF  (Read 465 times)

Offline philwhitelaw

• Moving Up
Oil filter on 61 GF
« on: 28.03. 2020 16:30 »
Now that I have some time on my hands I thought I would share a picture of the oil filter I have just fitted to my Gold Flash. I machined an oil filter housing at work, made a mounting bracket and utilised the lug under the swing arm as the attachment point. I just about got away with cutting the existing return pipe and re-crimped the ends with some fuel feed elbows I bought online. The filter is a Mann W77 but the 2CV type will fit-just.  It's a neat mod, unobtrusive, easy to change and keeps the rest of the bike original. It's reassuring to know that the oil is as clean as possible so the change interval will probably be annual now.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Oil filter on 61 GF
« Reply #1 on: 29.03. 2020 14:03 »
G'day Phil.
Nice and tidy, out of the way and sight. May be a little messy when changing. Picture lying on floor, arm & hand contorted with wrench, last turn the filter slips out of your now oily hand and knocks the container underneath spilling oil all over the place *ex* JAMHIK
Just kidding mate.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline philwhitelaw

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 29.03. 2020 15:46 »
Thanks Musky, even worse is dropping the sump plug into the container of used oil and fishing it out with no gloves on, I'm always doing that with the car. When the time comes I will have to disconnect the pipes and remove the bracket with the filter still attached.
 *smile*

Offline BSA_54A10

• Wise & Enlightened
    • BSA National
« Reply #3 on: 30.03. 2020 04:42 »
That is why you use  a magnetic drain plug cause you can fish it out with the spanner you used to drop it in .
Bike Beesa
Trevor