Author Topic: Alternative switchgear  (Read 570 times)

Offline stevejs

• Moving Up
Alternative switchgear
« on: 21.04. 2020 06:47 »
This has probably been discussed before, but I can't find it: are there any handlebar switches from other machines which can successfully be transplanted to A7's and 10's? Obviously you can't be bothered with originality if you're doing this, but from a practical viewpoint there could be advantages. I wondered for instance if Enflield India switchgear is an better alternative.

I own a T160 Triumph which had its dire Lucas switches replaced with a modern equivalent that was easier to use and waterproof....as well as looking good.

Online muskrat

• Global Moderator
  • Wise & Enlightened
  • Lithgow NSW Oz
    • Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club Inc
Re: Alternative switchgear
« Reply #1 on: 21.04. 2020 11:45 »
G'day Steve.
Wemoto have a few different types. Depends on how many switches you need. Headlight H/L & kill, add horn, add indicators, add pass.
https://www.wemoto.com/components/electrical/handlebarswitchgearuniversal
Or check out your local motorcycle wreckers///breakers.
Cheers
'51 A7 plunger, '57 A7SS racer now a A10CR, '78 XT500, '83 CB1100F, 88 HD FXST, 2000 CBR929RR ex Honda Australia Superbike .
Australia
Muskys Plunger A7

Offline edboy

• Resident Legend
« Reply #2 on: 21.04. 2020 19:59 »
hi steve,
i went 3 phase with a t160 then added the whole loom, switchgear and rectifier of a suzuki gs750. went neg earth and very reliable .  later used gs750 clutch cable , lever and then mikunis using a home made manifold. turned a good bike into a great bike. however many dont care for that sort of change to marques. i have a gs750 as well and both these bikes will cruise 100mph all day and handle. i ve yet to get the same performance from my a10 .
65 - 68mph all day.
norton commando switchgear is supposed to be good.

Offline stevejs

• Moving Up
« Reply #3 on: 21.04. 2020 21:07 »
I spotted this on the Hitchcocks site. Not cheap, but reminiscent of the Lucas stuff of the seventies. I find the tin and plastic types common on our BSA's pretty poor...especially when it's wet. My Trident has Magura switchgear as an after-market improvement. Loads better than the original stuff.