Author Topic: Sludge trap  (Read 537 times)

Online sean

• Valued Contributor
Sludge trap
« on: 22.05. 2020 22:30 »
Didn’t notice when I took the sludge trap out of the crank one end is flared the other end is not does the flared end go to the timing side or drive side ?               Doesn’t show in the service sheets

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: Sludge trap
« Reply #1 on: 22.05. 2020 23:19 »
one should be thinner for the timing side by a couple of threads , the thread in the timing side hole in the crank should end where the oil feed hole to the big ends is. try the plug in that hole if you have a thin plug, or measure to the edge of the hole and measure the plug. I fully tightened a plug and marked it then put a groove in it to get maximum flow, you on about A10 my mistake thought you meant plugs , didn't read it correctly some person rattling my tabs about this bloody corona situation and effin dominic whatsit and just won't shut up, rant over, sorry

Online sean

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 23.05. 2020 00:23 »
Here is a pic

ironhead

« Reply #3 on: 23.05. 2020 01:04 »
Flared end timing side.

Online sean

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 23.05. 2020 01:08 »
thank you
Sean

Offline bikerboy

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 23.05. 2020 02:18 »
It will only go in comfortably one way anyway  *smile*

Offline Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: 23.05. 2020 08:41 »
Sean, The plug with the tit seals the end of the tube on the drive side. Plain plug goes on timing side, as bergs says make sure the plug doesn't blank the oilway from the main bearing journal. Centralise the tube across the crank first, add the radial bolt, then the drive side plug. Finally add the remaining plug and flood the crank with oil to check for free flow.

Gotta ask.  bergs, what's that screw doing on your crank?

Gotta say. bergs. With you concerning the outlandish behaviour of one of our government representatives.

Swarfy.

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
« Reply #7 on: 23.05. 2020 10:02 »
haha swarfy not me concerned , the one that is so meek and mild bending my tabs out it. pic is just to show a helping groove in line with oil hole when fully tightened. I will not forget to put it in when the time comes. ps in 20 years I have never heard the one go on about something with so much venom, totaled my head in. all was calm today until the one asked if I wanted a news paper to read about it. "NO I DONT!!! want one but it sounds like you do " *pull hair out* *pull hair out*