Author Topic: ID this hub ?  (Read 417 times)

Offline ColinF

• Active
ID this hub ?
« on: 18.05. 2020 20:55 »
A long while ago i was asking for advice on this forum for an A10 chopper i was building for a friend.
It got put on hold as two of his daughters got married in quick succession! He's just got some of the chrome work done and wants to get back on with it.
If you look at page 22 on this section (frame) you'll see a post about the rear hub.
RichardL put a link to an ebay item which was a hub with the rivets rather than the bolted together one. I started to assemble ( dry build ) the back end to check for clearance issues with the wheel we're using so went to fit the bearings.....that's when i noticed the hub has an external thread for the bearing retainer, not an internal one like the original had.
Using the models listed on the ebay listing i've been through these on the Draganfly site and can't find one like it. Can't contact Draganfly by phone at the moment either.
It does look like A7 stamped on the hub.
Anyone know what model it's off or what the part number is for the retainer?
As usual, any help much appreciated.

Online Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: ID this hub ?
« Reply #1 on: 13.06. 2020 10:11 »
 Colin.  Browsing previous Frame posts I came across this, looks to have stumped most of you and been consigned to the other file marked other guy's problem.

Bit overdue now but to me it looks like a late model A65 hub, with a single bearing locking ring and external thread to take a speedo drive assembly.  Just the thing for running a repro Indian Speedo from the rear wheel rather than the A10 Gearbox.

Typical part no 68-6114 from 1966. Bearing retainer is 68-6081, RH Type 2, but check thread as they did change.

If it was offered as a straightforward bolt on for a Plunger bike, no chance, it's from an entirely different model range. Should fit with homespun spacers etc. and a bit of lateral thinking.

Any help?

Swarfy.

Online chaterlea25

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #2 on: 14.06. 2020 21:09 »
Hi All,
I think Colin posted this on another forum ??
The hub was identified as B25

John
1961 Super Rocket
1963 RGS (ongoing)

Online Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: 15.06. 2020 08:48 »
CJ   Guess we'll never know the answer. Both hubs share the same bearing locking ring and as it's a custom build anyway the true source is academic.

Swarfy.