Author Topic: brand new AMAL 376  (Read 1310 times)

Online berger

• Wise & Enlightened
  • keith.uk 500sscafe.norbsa JDM honda 750fz
Re: brand new AMAL 376
« Reply #15 on: 03.08. 2020 12:34 »
RD fella in an above post you mention the modern fuel , when I called at my mates after the motorway blast and took the plugs out we both agreed they were looking good but he also mentioned the modern fuel and the fact that my engine is a bit of a beast regarding higher compression, when I was out yesterday I noticed pre ignition for the first time in ages. I then realised I hadn't given her the octane boost when I filled up so today she is getting some and see how we go. mikeb regarding the pilot jet I have had to go down from a 30 to 20 and still have the air screw turned out 2 and a half turns. this is just a bit confusing as regards the normal set up of 30 pilot jet air screw 1to 2 turns out. never mind at least she's ticking over and starting easily now. the very old amal I had on before the mikuni was a nightmare whatever I did with it. but then again I put up with it in my youth fighting where it would leek from next *bash*. maybe I am getting to fussy as the years go on , and maybe you're right about the jets--- they could be drilling them with the famous Chinese bent use once and bin drills