Author Topic: Tank rubbers  (Read 313 times)

Offline Minto

• Resident Legend
Tank rubbers
« on: 30.06. 2020 22:56 »
Evening all.
I've just got a new repro tank for my plunger A10 to replace the (wrong) one that it came with.
It's a copy of the one on Mr Greybeard's bike.  How do the tank knee pads attach? it looks like they're just screwed directly onto Greybeards bike but could be wrong. If they need a bracket which sort is it?
Where can I get some tank badges without having to take out a mortgage?
I can't believe the price of these things considering they look like they're made from old Chinese takeaway foil dishes. If I can find a set, I'm going to try casting some replicas for spares.
Cheers
Jase
52 A10 plunger
Aprilia RSVR

Online KiwiGF

• Last had an A10 in 1976, in 2011 it was time for my 2nd one. It was the project from HELL (but I learned a lot....)
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: Tank rubbers
« Reply #1 on: 01.07. 2020 13:39 »
Evening all.
I've just got a new repro tank for my plunger A10 to replace the (wrong) one that it came with.
It's a copy of the one on Mr Greybeard's bike.  How do the tank knee pads attach? it looks like they're just screwed directly onto Greybeards bike but could be wrong. If they need a bracket which sort is it?
Where can I get some tank badges without having to take out a mortgage?
I can't believe the price of these things considering they look like they're made from old Chinese takeaway foil dishes. If I can find a set, I'm going to try casting some replicas for spares.
Cheers
Jase

Does this help? https://www.draganfly.co.uk/bsa/bsa/a710--b3133--c101112--m202133/category/957-knee-grips-957

My 56 s/a has a curved metal plate that fits inside the rolled edge of the rubber, so “reinforces” them, I made the plates myself quite easily, 1mm plate, the pattern plates i got with the bike were a poor fit in the rubbers so were binned. I'm not sure if the plunger tank uses the same design.
New Zealand

1956 A10 Golden Flash  (1st finished project)
1949 B31 rigid “400cc”  (2nd finished project)
1968 B44 Victor Special (3rd finished project)
2001 GL1800 Goldwing, well, the wife likes it
2009 KTM 990 Adventure, cos it’s 100% nuts