Author Topic: Paul Goff's oil filter  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
Paul Goff's oil filter
« on: 25.08. 2009 21:08 »
Hi, I have just received an oil filter from Paul Goff, looks good, has anyone fitted one? it came with a template but I can't make any sense of it, do the oil pipes come through the back or the right hand side? and is the filter head upright and on the top? any help will be great, cheers Tony.

Richard

Re: Paul Goff's oil filter
« Reply #1 on: 25.08. 2009 22:19 »
Yes I have fitted one to the A10 S/R the oil pipes come through the back of the tool box and the filter head is level with the filter hanging straight down.
It is a bit late to take photos of it now but I should be finished by lunchtime tomorrow and I will try to post some photos later in the evening if that is any help
Richard

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #2 on: 25.08. 2009 22:34 »
Thanks Richard that would be a great help, cheers, Tony.

Richard

« Reply #3 on: 25.08. 2009 22:57 »
will do then
switching this box thingy off know
Rich

Richard

« Reply #4 on: 26.08. 2009 19:06 »
Tone
I have taken some photos but I am having trouble getting them on to my computor, I have a flash card from the camera which I put in my kodak printer but I cannot get them to transfer to the pc and I can not get the PC to look at the card.
As I am useless with the PC at the best of times I will have to get proffesional help to sort this out.
I will post them when I can
Sorry
Richard

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 26.08. 2009 19:34 »
doesint your camera have a usb cable most ove them come with one

Richard

« Reply #6 on: 26.08. 2009 19:38 »
I can not find it and it has a very small plug on one end and my other cam. lead does not fit
Richard

Richard

« Reply #7 on: 26.08. 2009 20:15 »
Tone
I found the lead so have managed to down load photos as can be seen
The green tape is just keeping a spare fuse in place and not curing a hole in the hose!
Hope this helps
Richard

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #8 on: 26.08. 2009 23:21 »
Thats great, thanks Richard, the inside of my box is different from yours, cheers, Tone.

Richard

« Reply #9 on: 27.08. 2009 14:59 »
Tone is it a swinging arm model?
I thought they were the same for s/a type except for the flat or domed lids?
Richard

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #10 on: 27.08. 2009 21:17 »
yes its a swinging arm job, but the inside is different from yours, and I can't find a way of fitting the filter!

Richard

« Reply #11 on: 27.08. 2009 21:54 »
Tone
I presume you have not got the seperation strip fitted at right angles to the back?
Why not get some tin sheet and just cut a strip off slightly less the the depth of the tool box bend a 1/4 inch of it over at right angles and rivit it to the back of the tool box the filter bracket can then be fixed to that.
for a stronger job the added strip can be folded  around to come down from the top of the box then bent to go to the left of the box as per the photo.
should be fairly easy to do and it will not be seen.
If you were a bit nearer to me we could have made something up to fit your box using mine as a pattern
Richard

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #12 on: 28.08. 2009 08:26 »
Richard, that's a good idea, I'll have to cut out the inner piece that's there, its just a straight bit and in the way. I'll let you know how I get on but it won't be this weekend as I have to walk my youngest down the isle.Tony.

Offline Tone

• Brighton UK
  • A's Good Friend
« Reply #13 on: 28.08. 2009 18:59 »
Richard, got off work earlier today so Iv'e had a go cut out the divider section, plenty of room, on the pipe from the engine it goes under the gearboxthen the instructions say behind the crosstube if I do that it goes inside the mudguard, so do you go past where the origional pipe went? Tone.

Richard

« Reply #14 on: 28.08. 2009 22:45 »
Tone
have only just looked in to the site, as far as memory serves me I made a slight alteration to where the holes in the tool box for the pipes as the mudguard was in the way so I moved the hole to clear the guard.
I will have to take a peek to see the exact route but I think that you will just see the best route to take for the oil pipes for your bike, it is not to important to follow the instructions to the letter as long as you get the whole thing oil tight
Richard