Author Topic: When was my Golden Flash born?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline John Sander

• 58 Golden Flash
  • Active
Re: When was my Golden Flash born?
« Reply #15 on: 20.07. 2020 09:25 »
Richard and Greybeard .
Thanks for the pictures. As for colour,  she's a lovely 2" thick dusty grey colour at the moment. So haven't ventured down that path yet. Originally black, I think looking at the tank.
Greybeard,  sludgetrap,  got it, I thanks.
Cheers, John
Perth WA

Online Greybeard

• Jack of all trades; master of none.
  • Wise & Enlightened
Re: When was my Golden Flash born?
« Reply #16 on: 20.07. 2020 11:56 »
Richard and Greybeard .
Thanks for the pictures. As for colour,  she's a lovely 2" thick dusty grey colour at the moment. So haven't ventured down that path yet. Originally black, I think looking at the tank.
Greybeard,  sludgetrap,  got it, I thanks.
If you intend to restore that tank: As you can still see the edge of the chrome on that tank, you might like to do what I did and trace a template to help whoever paints it after rechroming. I got some drawing film from the drawing orrifice at work. I cut a hole in the middle so I could tape the film to the side of the tank. I pushed the film down all around the tank and sketched a pencil line over the paint/chrome interface. I made some datum marks on the film, (3 inches from front edge of tank to datum etc.) so It could be repositioned accurately for the painter to use.  The tracing cannot really follow the line properly but it seemed to work.
Greybeard (Neil)
2023 Gold Star
Supporter of THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN'S RIDE https://www.gentlemansride.com

Warwickshire UK

A Distinguished Gentleman Riding his 1955 Plunger Golden Flash