Author Topic: bsa a7ss  (Read 1476 times)

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
bsa a7ss
« on: 27.08. 2009 19:27 »
ive been on ebay and found a lovely restored bsa a7ss
the owner is saying he is too old he is 80 what a great job hes done on it
i sent him a reply saying he had done a superb job on it he has had an offer
from someone in the usa this is what he said   Thank you i will pass that on we have had an offer higher than the the asking price from a guy in kentucky who wants to fly over and buy the bike this saturday, but true brits that we are we have declined, this is a british bike restored by a british owner who has loved and cherished this bike so it's staying England ! there are but a few things we brits can be proud of these days and this is one of them. Thank you again for your comments.

Offline cus

• Valued Contributor
Re: bsa a7ss
« Reply #1 on: 27.08. 2009 22:33 »
I can see where your coming from, the Americans are getting that way with their 40's Indian Cheifs, you will notice
that alot of sellers on Ebay won't sell them out of the USA, I guess its preserving a part of motoring history, &
especially classic type bikes like original A10's - 7's, Goldstars, Indian's etc. etc. America & Australia received heaps
of English bikes so we feel that they are also part of our history, but I don't like to see a classic old original bike
change soil from the country where they were originally sent to, even though the bike I purchased came from Texas,
but if you have seen a pic of my bike when it arrived, I think they were glad to let that one go!

regards, Cus
56 G/Flash project

Offline beezalex

• North Carolina, USA
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 31.08. 2009 18:07 »
I think the old bastard is full o' poo.

IMHO, that is *smile*
Alex

Too many BSA's

Online olev

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 01.09. 2009 10:49 »
Don't sugar coat it, Alex.
Tell us what you really think.

Offline dpaddock

• NC, USA
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 01.09. 2009 14:37 »
What difference does it make as long as it gets a good home? BSA's were sold worldwide and some, like the original Spitfire c.1957 were not even known or sold in Britain.
My concern would be if it were sold for parts by the new owner wherever he is.

David
David
'57 Spitfire

Offline beezalex

• North Carolina, USA
  • Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 01.09. 2009 15:44 »
Yea...it's kinda hard to hold back. *smile*

Oh, I don't think this guy ever talked to anyone.  He's prolly just a cheap old coot who's making up some story gleaned from an chip on his shoulder that he thinks will get you to fork out more money.  I've heard 'em all.  It doesn't only happen on the internet.
Alex

Too many BSA's

Offline rocket man

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 01.09. 2009 18:44 »
your right bsa did send them all over the world
so why shouldent someone from there have it as long as its looked after
thats all that matters after all the work he has done on it it would be a
shame for it to get ill treated

Online groily

• Wise & Enlightened
    • www.brightsparkmagnetos.com
« Reply #7 on: 01.09. 2009 19:49 »
Well that's all right then - those (many here) of us with things that didn't come from where we happen to be don't have to worry. Life's too short and the earth's too small  - and this Englishman is sure as hell not repatriating his several English toys from his French shed to save them from consorting with cheese-eating surrender monkeys. Who happen to be his friends.
Funnily enough, the only thing in the shed that isn't on the road . . . is French. Modest (very) heritage asset no doubt - but miles harder than any stock Brit to sort out and wouldn't pull a maggot off a slice of rotten liver even if it did run . . .
Bill