Author Topic: Wanted Smiths Speedometer + Revcounter / Tachometer for 1956 BSA A10 Road Rocket  (Read 841 times)

Offline thackero

• A's Good Friend
I unfortunately had some items stolen from the lockup where my basket case 1956 BSA Road Rocket was stored. I need a speedometer, tachometer / revcounter RC 83 and ammeter. Not sure which models/parts numbers I need but the speedo was a 546/3/L I know they are rare but for the right instruments I am willing to pay a good price. WHY ? Please help
Thanks in advance.
I am in Texas USA

Offline bl**dydrivers

• Valued Contributor
My project didn’t have any clocks, found a speedo for a Golden Flash with nacelle in not so good condition and wanted to have the twin clock configuration for my Super Rocket. Sent my speedo to be restored/converted and purchased a restored original rev counter from the following.

Was highly recommended to me and now I’am happy to highly recommend them!

Russell at http://www.chronometrics.co.uk/
info@chronometrics.co.uk

Offline Rocket Racer

• Wise & Enlightened
  • A kiwi with a racing A10 rig and too many projects
    • NZ Classic Sidecar Racing
try Mike Reilly in Queensland australia
A good rider periodically checks all nuts and bolts with a spanner to see that they are tight - Instruction Manual for BSA B series, p46, para 2.
New Zealand

Offline MrShifta

• A's Good Friend
Hi I have just bought a Gold Flash in bits and amongst the boxes of bits I have found a Smiths Chronometric Speedometer model S546/3  ( no "L" ) and a rev counter 1302/02. I believe they are from a 1958 BSA DBD500 Gold Star.  Both work and will need cases painting and cleaning no doubt. I can send pictures of course but they may not be the models you want.  They are genuine Smiths not pattern parts.

let me know  if you are interested, I prefer to sell as a pair.

Regards

Barry

Offline thackero

• A's Good Friend
Barry I am interested can you please send me pictures. Many Thanks

mod edit: For your own safety (spam etc) please don't post your email address. Use PM's for personal info.

Offline thackero

• A's Good Friend
Barry
Many Thanks !

Offline MrShifta

• A's Good Friend
Only too pleased they have arrived safely Oscar. Thanks for the comments about the carbs, noted !. 

Stay safe .

Barry