Author Topic: Primary Case G/Box shaft Oil-seal Size Question.  (Read 402 times)

Offline Steveba10

• Moving Up
Hi, I’m looking to replace this oil seal, ( I removed what looked like a piece of canvas water hose clamped in by the rivets from my casing.)
To find a replacement lip-seal I measured :- 13/16” * 1+3/8” * 1/4”   :- G/box shaft diameter, hole size and thickness.

I googled the part no. ( 67-1242.)
Draganfly list it, but don’t supply dimensions.

Feked came up with a seal, but it’s listed as 3/4” * 1+3/8”
But my shaft is definitely 13.16” a sixteenth bigger!
I’ve e-mailed feked to clarify it being either a typo in their listing or different seal to the one I require.

Can anyone confirm my dimensions and suggest where I might source a seal?
My google search didn’t find seals of my dimensions, the nearest was 3/8” thick.
Thank you,
Steve.

Online Swarfcut

• Wise & Enlightened
Re: Primary Case G/Box shaft Oil-seal Size Question.
« Reply #1 on: 07.10. 2020 17:16 »
Dusting the cobwebs from my 1989 Payen catalogue, the nearest Imperial seal is Payen ref NA 068. Shaft/Housing/Width is 0.875" /1.375"/0.25"

Do your fraction to decimal inch conversion, see how it stacks up.  A new old stock item or modern equivalent from your local or online bearing suppliers is another option, nothing special, just a single lipped seal. Original was a canvas resin impregnated washer, just as you found.

Swarfy.

Offline Steveba10

• Moving Up
« Reply #2 on: 07.10. 2020 18:14 »
Thank you Swarfcut, the sizes you give match mine.
I think Feked have made a typo in their listing, but without their admission I won’t risk buying as I know from experience if they send you the wrong part it’s your fault and you have to pay the return postage!

So far looking at the imperial fractions, their decimal and metric equivalents have only yielded seals 3/8“ or 9mm thick.
The casing is 0.25” thick so needs a seal to match.
I’ll keep looking and ring Feked and Draganfly tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Steve.

Offline Minto

• Resident Legend
« Reply #3 on: 13.10. 2020 01:33 »
Hey Steve, if you pm your address I'll post you two seals that I bought as extras, one fractionally smaller O.D. than the other. I tried both, one was a tad loose the other very tight and required making a draw bolt to get it in. These were bought for my 52 plunger A10, not sure if there were differences between the models.
Jase
52 A10 plunger
Aprilia RSVR